View Single Post

psandak
01.12.2012 , 03:55 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
I am hoping that in ten years or so we can have another MMO set in the real SW universe/era. I like the KOTOR era but I wish this game would have been set in the clone wars era instead. Maybe it's just because I remember the movies from my childhood but if it doesn't have Luke, Han or Chewy it's hard to think of it as Star Wars. I guess I"m old lol.
The problem is that they've been there done that with SWG and it did not go over very well. One of the major issues with that time frame for games is no jedi. And let's face it, most gamers who want to play SW games want to be a jedi.

Personally, at this point I think the best move for the SW franchise is to just live in the realm of novels and tabletop RPGs. We all have in our heads what Luke, Leia, Han, Chewy, Anakin, Obi Wan, Yoda, and even Bail Organa and Wedge Antilles, etc look and sound like. Creating a TV series with these characters (unless it is animated) will ruin what most of us think about when we hear Star Wars. With books the characters remain intact but the stories can continue.