Thread: dps meter
View Single Post

01.12.2012 , 01:43 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Thankyjack View Post
You are all over the place with this post.

First, progression guilds don't rely on meters or, even, try to evaluate those issues during the raid. We post logs and analyze the logs between lockouts. That's the only way to evaluate performance as a raid or individual performance. You need time and discussion to understand the numbers. This is especially true for healing and dps. We don't even allow members to post meters during raids.

Meters do show things like interrupts, but so what? Being hammered by the skill that your guildy was supposed to interrupt also contains the same information. You assign people to perform certain duties and expect them to get it done. If you have 2 people interrupting then you expect them both to get their act together.

Meters are a tool used primarily by pugs and second tier raiding guilds that are trying to do their best with no real appreciation for how to accomplish it. They believe things can be fixed "on the fly" and once you overgear the raid, they are probably right. Once half the raid is overgeared and the other half is trying to get gear, those groups throw the numbers around like they mean more than they actually do. I have seen this over and over again in alt pug raids and when I raid with other guilds.

That said, you will get your way and this game will eventually have dps meters. They always do.

Thats what guilds do in wow today... back in the time there were no upload of logs and meters were the way.

Anyway, the upload of logs is an improved way to look at the meter, and pages like world of logs are improved meters, improved ways to parse the log and measure everything that happened in the fight.

Live meters like recount are used to improve rotations and such by good players.

By using world of logs you ARE USING METERS, so no, they are not used only by pugs or second tier raiding guilds.

Bad players will always be there, but developing thinking in what bad players will do with your tool is the worst developement strategy i have ever heard of.

Again, dps meters existe SINCE VANILLA IN WOW. Worse, in vanilla they showed a lot less usefull information.

Dps meters dont destroy neither a game nor a community, and that's a FACT.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you are wrong. I dont know for how long you played wow, but i can assure you dps meters had nothing to do with the community being complete idiots nowadays.