My friends and I have worked around this problem numerous times by creating level one alts.
If one of us has the reset bug.
- We identify who has the bug.
- Whoever has the reset bug would leave party, while one of us would log on to our level one alt.
- The person with the reset bug would invite the level one alt to a party.
- Pass group leader to the level one alt.
- The person with the reset bug would leave group.
- Confirm 'Reset All Active Flashpoints' option in the right-click character portrait menu is gone.
- Invite person back to group.
- Dominate flashpoint.
- Receive loot.
This ensures that:
- If the bug is contagious, you don't need to worry if you pass it to a level one alt, unless you plan to level it.
- You don't have to worry if the level one alt has an active flashpoint or not.
- Level one alts do not have the required level for all flashpoints so passing them lead 'should' remove the bug entirely until you catch it again.