View Single Post

StephenReid
01.11.2012 , 06:33 PM | #700
Everyone, after discussion with the client team I'd like this rampant speculation (and in some cases, scaremongering) to stop now, please. After this post I'll be locking this thread to prevent further confusion.

Letís give you a few details gathered from discussion with the client team:

- We are not using any form of 'remote rendering' as has been suggested in this thread. Nothing is being pushed from 'server farms' or anything similar. The research paper linked to in the original post is not related in any way to any aspect of our game client.

- The game client uses two processes that talk to each other. They do not communicate outside of your PC.

- None of these processes are for copy protection of any kind.

- The size of the client dropped during Game Testing as we optimized the client size, removing files that were not being used by the game, but were still in the client. This is a completely normal process for a game in development. With many people needing to download the game, obviously itís in our interest to reduce the client size where we can.

Iíd also like to state, for the record, that none of what is being discussed here is related to our texture rendering in-game. While I understand the temptation to try to connect two different things, it doesn't apply here.

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.