Please explain how to circumvent this issue.
Error your connection to the server has been lost. If this problem persists, please visit www.swtor.com/support
to contact our Customer Service Team.
Error Code: 9000 More Info
Server error 9000 means that your connection to the game server has been lost.
Please try to log out of your account completely and then back in again.
If you continue to encounter this error after you have logged in again successfuly, please contact our Customer Service team by emailing email@example.com
(please note successfully is spelled incorrectly in the screenshot transcribing word for word :P)
New computer. All drivers updated. Reboot. Ran the repair function on the launcher. This happens sporadically as I'm playing both in groups and solo. No tangible pattern to recreate the error. Happens in the middle of dialogs and also just running along the road. Happened in the middle of a warzone after passing the huttball and now it tells me I'm still in the warzone and can't leave/requeue. Error has happened to me 16 times so far today.
Please advise. I've not seen a thread for Error 9000 after searching it so here's one. Hopefully I'm not the only one with this issue.
Thank you for your time and your attention to this matter.
A CM requested later in this thread the following steps were completed to see if it assists you:
EDIT: Opening up these ports below on my router as suggested by Heggis seemed to prevent the error 9000 message from occurring during my play time last night. I'll keep you posted if this helps rolling forward. I had uninterrupted play for about 7 hours.
If you are receiving Error Code 9000 it can indicate an issue with your network connection.
Firstly, please check the Server Status Thread to see if there is currently any downtime scheduled for the server you are attempting to connect to.
If there is no downtime scheduled, please check the following to help resolve your issue:
1. Restart the game and attempt to login again
2. Ensure that your network connection is stable. If you are using a wireless connection, try to see if using a wired connection improves the issue.
3. You may try power-cycling your router by turning its power off waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.
4. You may need to add an exception for SWTOR.exe to your Firewall and Anti-Virus.
5. If you utilise a VPN for your connection, you would need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are using a proxy server, please ensure that it is configured correctly in Internet Explorer.
6. If you have any third party traffic management software running on your computer, you can try disabling it.
If the issue persists please contact Customer Support for further assistance. Please ensure that you have included a copy of your DXDiag and client logs when contacting Customer Support.
Thank you for Pre-Ordering Star Wars™: The Old Republic™
On a other post ppl have gotten error 1003 and when i look on the picture that is in this post you guys stop at the same point as the once whit error 1003.
Here are some of the troubleshooting steps
1. running the launcher in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 / Vista service pack 2 as an administrator.
2. Reset your router to fabric settings. / set your firewall settings to low.
3. Open your Ports router/ firewall
The port numbers that are required are 8995, 12000-12999 and 20000-30000 (TCP).
Hope it helps
If you're comfortable, Run MSCONFIG and disable from startup anything non-essential. Ideally make sure the only thing using your internet connection is the SWTOR client. Slowly add more things in to root cause if there's a local conflict. I disabled everything except Team Speak and the SWTOR client combined with the port fortwarding and something worked last night. If I have uninterrupted play tomorrow I'll report real success :P