View Single Post

Steelyeye
01.04.2012 , 07:17 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazzo View Post
I could flip 90% of this post by adding in reason why addons SHOULD be used. How do you know the raiders are good or bad without a way to track how they use their abilities or how they died so quickly on a pull? People look at this as a negative, "don't tell me how to play", but you only learn by making mistakes. There are always the select scrub out there that posts his damage meter on a trash pack or a Flashpoint/dungeon.. but honestly.. that's the same kid that makes your mom jokes on xbox live when he has a kill ratio of 1 to 22.
The tanks are tanking, the healers are healing, DPS'ers are killing things, no wipes....good raid.

Why do you or anyone need to track anything if everything is working smoothly? Back in the old days before addons, we had to activitly search and try out new guilds or groups to find players that knew what the heck they were doing. The good raiders would be known on servers and they would stick together by world of mouth. No one cared if your rogue was the top DPS in a group, just as long as he knew what he was doing.

As for the your mom jokes, well if they could invent an addon to detect maturity levels you would be rich, and I would use it!
"The first thing an agent develops is an immunity to guilt" Rassad, Imperial Intelligence - (Ebon Hawk)