I solood a few flashpoints which I still needed to do tonight. Here's a quick overview of what a single, 45ish minute, run of Boarding Party (level 33) yielded me as a level 41 Operative: (it can be done faster when you don't care about the bonus quests and just go for chests and bosses, but even with completing the quest and bonus objectives I save time by sneaking past a lot of the trash).
- 8 non-boss chests (one with very good drops)
- all bosses
- random quest objective mob drops
- around 50k in credits
- 3k in greens
- 4 bop oranges (to kit out my companions with or just sell for even more cash)
- 2 boe blues for the AH
- 1 purple crafting mission
- a nice stack of Taris commendations (a few runs for a purple chest at the vendor)
- still a nice chunk of xp for completing the missions (not sure if I will out-level that though)
- 100 alignment points
i.e. To say it was worth my while is kind of an understatement
At least compared to normal questing or selling armstech crafted gear, which I normally do to make some cash.
But I do think it's kind of unbalanced and that's why I am putting it out here. I had fun doing the runs though but it feels a lot like farming seeing how little risk or effort is involved and locks you in a solo area, rather than doing stuff with other people. I also think this could hurt the economy depending on whether you can run it indefinitely or not. (I'm a bit of a flashpoint noob). If so, I can imagine people doing speed runs of maybe 20 minutes continuously.
Unbalanced or not? Your thoughts?