PDA

View Full Version : Certificate Authentication Failed....***

quilvios
12.21.2011, 06:21 PM
Certificate Authentication Failed, Please contact customer service. What does this mean? Customer support didnt have an answer for me. I waited for 2.5 hours on the phone for them to tell me they have no clue......Anyone have a solution> ??

quilvios
12.21.2011, 06:33 PM
anyone have an idea?

Schani
12.21.2011, 06:34 PM
where does this error appear? in game, launcher, web site?

TomWhiting
12.21.2011, 06:34 PM
The only time I recall seeing this was in a beta (here). You're not trying to use a beta client/launcher, are you?

Tutt
12.21.2011, 06:36 PM
i'm having this problem too when i try to input my product registration code and don't really want to input my info in case this is some sort of hack thing. I've e-mailed support but have not gotten a response yet.

quilvios
12.21.2011, 06:49 PM
When I click on the icon on my desk top to run the game i get "Certificate Authentication Failed, contact customer service"

I have a hard copy of the game with geniune product registration code. I enter it and its good to go as it says that it has been redemed. No Beta here. My father got me the game the other day.

I cant even get into the game at all. Closest I can get to is the website, LOL.....furious.

TomWhiting
12.21.2011, 06:58 PM
I know this is gonna suck, but this may (may) just be the only way you'll be able to play it.
(WARNING: only do this if you've absolutely got a decent internet connection)

Uninstall the game
Download the client (https://swtor-a.akamaihd.net/installer/SWTOR_setup.exe)
Run the game client
This will download everything you need to install, and it'll take a while to do.

Otherwise, you can try calling support, seeing if they offer any hope, but you may get more frustrated just waiting.

Tutt
12.21.2011, 07:03 PM
I know this is gonna suck, but this may (may) just be the only way you'll be able to play it.
(WARNING: only do this if you've absolutely got a decent internet connection)

Uninstall the game
Download the client (https://swtor-a.akamaihd.net/installer/SWTOR_setup.exe)
Run the game client
This will download everything you need to install, and it'll take a while to do.

Otherwise, you can try calling support, seeing if they offer any hope, but you may get more frustrated just waiting.

i already have the game client downloaded, it is through the website here that i am trying to plug in my registration code and am getting this message

TomWhiting
12.21.2011, 07:05 PM
i already have the game client downloaded, it is through the website here that i am trying to plug in my registration code and am getting this message

That's a completely different issue than what the OP is referring to. Please don't hijack threads.

If you're running an up to date browser, your browser won't have an issue with the security certificate on the page. It's fully verified and authenticated.

Schani
12.21.2011, 07:06 PM
May be a missing or corrupt digital signature.

Make sure you have run Windows update and installed any "critical updates" it suggests. Then reboot (for luck.)

Go to where the game is installed.
Usually this is something like (DRIVE):\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

RIGHT CLICK the launcher.exe file and click PROPERTIES
Click the DIGITAL SIGNATURES Tab

There should be a certificate named "Electronic Arts" on the list.
If not, that might be the issue.

It IS possible that you simply need to run Windows Update (as the beta people were instructed to do prior to Early Game Access.)

**** You should NOT try to add signatures to the file unless instructed to how by Support.

Tutt
12.21.2011, 07:07 PM
That's a completely different issue than what the OP is referring to. Please don't hijack threads.

If you're running an up to date browser, your browser won't have an issue with the security certificate on the page. It's fully verified and authenticated.

didn't mean to hijack it, from his first post i thought it was the same thing

Scruff
01.06.2012, 07:30 PM
Don't know if this is already posted elsewhere or is now the well known fix but this worked for me http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1279935#post1279935

oakensafe
03.30.2012, 04:50 AM
certificate authentication failed im over it i paid for the game and the 60 day trial card this is so ****

Beesodd
03.30.2012, 04:58 AM
Greetings oakensafe,

You may need to install the Microsoft Update for Root Certificates, available here (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=28175).
(Please note, we are not responsible for the content of external websites.)