PDA

View Full Version : I Love Corso Riggs

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

SilentKitty
02.15.2012, 05:47 AM
Started a new smuggler, but it is ok, this one is gunslinger =)

Since I don't want to have Corso looking the same way for both my smugglers i took the asian looking version, Nr 1, and it is mighty cute as well! Mind you, she's lvl 10 so flirting is a long way of for her still.

http://www.morsvenit.com/forum/page/1/m/3676545/viewthread/2082342-companion-customization

Minaria
02.15.2012, 08:21 AM
I have to say, I am a Corso fan. My husband, OTOH, is not - he plays a Trooper and gets annoyed with "Kelso" as he calls him, because of his harpoon maneuvers. It messes with his whole Trooper strategy. I need to remember to turn that off when we are grouped.

I am really enjoying the story progression with Corso, and yeah, the voice that can melt steel is right, ha! :D

Does interacting with companion characters randomly, like throwing a /grin at them or thanking them for a job well done have any affect, or is it strictly RP? I'm trying to recall - I thought back in Galaxies it had an effect on my creatures (I was a Master CH) but now I can't remember. And OBVIOUSLY companions are not the same as creatures/pets were, but it's the principle of interaction with which I'm trying to determine a possible similarity, not the nature of their existence or value as individuals. ;) And perhaps I'm remembering Galaxies wrong, that is entirely possible as well.

silvershadows
02.15.2012, 09:55 PM
Started a new smuggler, but it is ok, this one is gunslinger =)

Since I don't want to have Corso looking the same way for both my smugglers i took the asian looking version, Nr 1, and it is mighty cute as well! Mind you, she's lvl 10 so flirting is a long way of for her still.

http://www.morsvenit.com/forum/page/1/m/3676545/viewthread/2082342-companion-customization

Why hello there, Lt Iresso customization number 1. Afk rolling a jedi consular.

Faydra
02.16.2012, 08:28 AM
Does interacting with companion characters randomly, like throwing a /grin at them or thanking them for a job well done have any affect, or is it strictly RP? I'm trying to recall - I thought back in Galaxies it had an effect on my creatures (I was a Master CH) but now I can't remember. And OBVIOUSLY companions are not the same as creatures/pets were, but it's the principle of interaction with which I'm trying to determine a possible similarity, not the nature of their existence or value as individuals. ;) And perhaps I'm remembering Galaxies wrong, that is entirely possible as well.

No, emoting to companions has no effect on them (it is fun, however, to parlor dance with Corso....). The only things that affect their affection are conversation choices if you have them with you and giving them gifts.

If emoting at them got me affection, Corso would have hit 10k almost right away....

axka
02.16.2012, 08:38 AM
Guys, She's a roleplayer lol, I think this is really creative, Corso ftw

silvershadows
02.16.2012, 11:41 PM
Guys, She's a roleplayer lol, I think this is really creative, Corso ftw

That I am, and that he is!

halfhourofpower
02.16.2012, 11:47 PM
Forget Corso. Guss is three times the man that Corso is.

This.

NRieh
02.17.2012, 05:41 AM
Why hello there, Lt Iresso customization number 1. Afk rolling a jedi consular.
I've seen some of their class stuff when helping a friend...God knows - I wanted to roll a sage, but fem consular voicing is awful - its not even calm, it's lifeless, and their story comparing to ours is just....well, if only they made Zenith an option - I would try it out, possibly. Looks like Balmorra's if full of handsome twileks... :rolleyes:

And Iresso...not my style really, 5 or 7 - possibly... yet it's more likely that I'll roll male sage,just not to hear that synthetic voice around cut-scenes. Though I always did chars of my own gender, xept for diablo 2 :p

But getting back to our wonderful ontoipc. I was thinking here recently.
How do you think, can there really be any kind of "future" for a guy like Corso together with a smuggler lady? What could it look like(theorethically)? I'd love to hear your thoughts before wrinting what I have in mind about it.

And also there's a fact, that in-game romance line is 200% done - there just can be no more progression, if not going into house-kids-sims-stuff. I mean, they got their 10k, and almost married, going beyond this level of trust\feelings\relations is hardly possible, 20k looks as nonsence. Staying the same - means end of the line. I suppose the only thing BW may do in future - force companion swiching, eg by "kidnaping" loved ones and building some plot basing on it. Another (much more harsh) way is just unpreventable killing\leaving.

LizardWizard
02.17.2012, 08:34 AM
great topic, had lots of fun reading it, I play gunslinger too, and had Corso before I switched to Guus, but I always take Corso when there is some conversation with other male species, always flirting with them, and its drivin him crazy :D Its hilarious how much he wants me exclusively for himself :D

SilentKitty
02.17.2012, 09:17 AM
I've seen some of their class stuff when helping a friend...God knows - I wanted to roll a sage, but fem consular voicing is awful - its not even calm, it's lifeless, and their story comparing to ours is just....well, if only they made Zenith an option - I would try it out, possibly. Looks like Balmorra's if full of handsome twileks... :rolleyes:

And Iresso...not my style really, 5 or 7 - possibly... yet it's more likely that I'll roll male sage,just not to hear that synthetic voice around cut-scenes. Though I always did chars of my own gender, xept for diablo 2 :p

But getting back to our wonderful ontoipc. I was thinking here recently.
How do you think, can there really be any kind of "future" for a guy like Corso together with a smuggler lady? What could it look like(theorethically)? I'd love to hear your thoughts before wrinting what I have in mind about it.

And also there's a fact, that in-game romance line is 200% done - there just can be no more progression, if not going into house-kids-sims-stuff. I mean, they got their 10k, and almost married, going beyond this level of trust\feelings\relations is hardly possible, 20k looks as nonsence. Staying the same - means end of the line. I suppose the only thing BW may do in future - force companion swiching, eg by "kidnaping" loved ones and building some plot basing on it. Another (much more harsh) way is just unpreventable killing\leaving.

Well yes, something has to happen. It will not be "and they lived happily ever after" with convos about how lovey-dovey everything is. I'm really curious to see how they choose to move the story forward. Kidnapping or some kind of complication coming up sounds about right. Really hope the it won't be anyone leaving, but then again, after Alistair and "The Dark Ritual" I think I can handle pretty much anything. That broke my little gamer-heart in pieces.

For anyone who doesn't know about Alistair and said ritual...
http://alrisha.deviantart.com/favourites/41017972?offset=312#/d2rbcj4

Boosterdog
02.17.2012, 10:08 AM
For anyone who doesn't know about Alistair and said ritual...
http://alrisha.deviantart.com/favourites/41017972?offset=312#/d2rbcj4

That is just awesome!! Made me smile!

Before meeting Corso, I imagine she never planned to live on ranch or let alone get married, but a lot of people change their wishes when they fall for someone. I think in the future her underworld empire would be in state where it runs herself...thus she'd have little to do. After accomplishing it all and rolling in the credits, she'd be ready to start a family on Dantooine where Corso is waiting.

And also there's a fact, that in-game romance line is 200% done -there just can be no more progression.

Where are you getting this fact? I don't think anything is set in stone. There's lots of things Bioware can do in future patches and expansions. I'm sure they'd make a hefty profit if they sold more romance stuff as dowloadable content. I mean they must know how popular it is :o

I'd hate to accept the thought of the romance ending after marriage. But a little of me also believes that 10K is really the 'end' :mad: I have a feeling that future content would comprise more operatives, flashpoints, PVP, and dailies...the same crap that's been done before.

There most likely will be new companions..but I don't want more companions if my current companions won't have new conversation missons! Bleh!

Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

NRieh
02.17.2012, 10:55 AM
Where are you getting this fact? I don't think anything is set in stone. There's lots of things Bioware can do in future patches and expansions. I'm sure they'd make a hefty profit if they sold more romance stuff as dowloadable content. I mean they must know how popular it is

Lets see how it works. They meet, they like each other, they love eachother, first kiss, first black screen, something-equal-to-marriage-from-thier-poit-of-view. What should happen to make those two loving each other even MORE?

I'd hate to accept the thought of the romance ending after marriage.
Actually....It's not.:rolleyes: We're having 5yrs date with my husband soon. And NO IT'S NOT over (not for us at least). I love him same way I did 5 years ago, and living together added some depth to the feeilng. Yet. There's one big problem here - thats NOT that kind of "romance" you would ever see in a film book or videogame. I'd call it "routine" romance. Not to define it as something bad or weak (not for us!), but to tell that there's hardly I could explain to anyone around - what's that so "romantic" in random long hand-in-hand walks around the big city, when kids are left with grandmom. I don't belive such kind of things are able to exist in-game. And even more hesitate someone would ever be fond of mission "Take Corso out for a long peaceful walk around the Mantellian shores(no savrips and seps involved)".

There most likely will be new companions..but I don't want more companions if my current companions won't have new conversation missons! Bleh!
Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
I just can't imagine what those missions should be to (at least) keep the emotional and immersive grade.

And here are my thoughts about "happy everafter". Took them away in spoilers, in case some of you'd like to think it over write your own, uaffected by my point of view, thoughts first.

Well, I tell you, that there's one huge thing both Corso and girl do not seem to understand now(probably, he does not more then she). She's a spacer, he's a worlder. No matter how hard they enjoy each other atm and what sweet talks sound in capitan's quarters after light fades, staying toghether will ALWAYS make one of them to sacrifice. No matter how hard she loves, and no matter how he likes his skyfull of stars.

I know, that might be just my point of view, based on own personal rp-legend. Still...I dont belive she ever agrees to become a farmer's woman. And he won't ever forget that he used to have a real home, much different from his "skyfull of stars". All mantellian lines do show it. Remember "better life"?..

ps: i may not know all the detailes around other classes romance lines, but it seemed to me for a moment that only "happy everafter" is for trooper. I mean, he's a troopa , she's a troopa - happy military family, no matter was it fem+Ariс or m+Elara. Male smuggler has Risha or mandalorian - hardly reliable marriage, though Akaavi could be considered "sister in arms"...unless her wierd mandalorian habbits tell her to leave....Consular fem falls in "love" with military man, which hardly can both feel and support her. Male jedis may get better luck, yet their stuff with "more than padawan" is next to forbiden by jedi counsils. Sith and Vette....well, you got it right, I guess....

Is it just me, or almost every implemended romance line is either based on antagonists or something pretty "forbidden"?.. I mean one does not need to be a super writer to turn all of them apart very "plot-wise".

Faydra
02.17.2012, 12:04 PM
Lets see how it works. They meet, they like each other, they love eachother, first kiss, first black screen, something-equal-to-marriage-from-thier-poit-of-view. What should happen to make those two loving each other even MORE?

Actually....It's not.:rolleyes: We're having 5yrs date with my husband soon. And NO IT'S NOT over (not for us at least). I love him same way I did 5 years ago, and living together added some depth to the feeilng. Yet. There's one big problem here - thats NOT that kind of "romance" you would ever see in a film book or videogame. I'd call it "routine" romance. Not to define it as something bad or weak (not for us!), but to tell that there's hardly I could explain to anyone around - what's that so "romantic" in random long hand-in-hand walks around the big city, when kids are left with grandmom. I don't belive such kind of things are able to exist in-game. And even more hesitate someone would ever be fond of mission "Take Corso out for a long peaceful walk around the Mantellian shores(no savrips and seps involved)".

I just can't imagine what those missions should be to (at least) keep the emotional and immersive grade.

And here are my thoughts about "happy everafter". Took them away in spoilers, in case some of you'd like to think it over write your own, uaffected by my point of view, thoughts first.

Well, I tell you, that there's one huge thing both Corso and girl do not seem to understand now(probably, he does not more then she). She's a spacer, he's a worlder. No matter how hard they enjoy each other atm and what sweet talks sound in capitan's quarters after light fades, staying toghether will ALWAYS make one of them to sacrifice. No matter how hard she loves, and no matter how he likes his skyfull of stars.

I know, that might be just my point of view, based on own personal rp-legend. Still...I dont belive she ever agrees to become a farmer's woman. And he won't ever forget that he used to have a real home, much different from his "skyfull of stars". All mantellian lines do show it. Remember "better life"?..

ps: i may not know all the detailes around other classes romance lines, but it seemed to me for a moment that only "happy everafter" is for trooper. I mean, he's a troopa , she's a troopa - happy military family, no matter was it fem+Ariс or m+Elara. Male smuggler has Risha or mandalorian - hardly reliable marriage, though Akaavi could be considered "sister in arms"...unless her wierd mandalorian habbits tell her to leave....Consular fem falls in "love" with military man, which hardly can both feel and support her. Male jedis may get better luck, yet their stuff with "more than padawan" is next to forbiden by jedi counsils. Sith and Vette....well, you got it right, I guess....

Is it just me, or almost every implemended romance line is either based on antagonists or something pretty "forbidden"?.. I mean one does not need to be a super writer to turn all of them apart very "plot-wise".

You left out BHs in your "happily-ever-afters".

Female BHs get Torian - who is a Mandalorian. You have a Mandalorian wedding (which is AWESOME, btw). Not only is he accepting of your career choice, he helps you with it. He's not afraid to admit that you're the better shot/hunter than he is - however, he still does his best to protect you and watch out for you. Honestly, it's harder to think of a better partner - both in life and in business.

Male BHs get Mako - who also enjoys the BH life-style. I'm pretty sure that once you get her "family" sorted out, there are no hinderances to having a happily ever after (at least, nothing aside from outside influence). Mako seems content to continue to back-up the BH.

As for continuing companion stuff, it's hard to think of additional controversy quests once the romance arc has been completed. Honestly, I would be happy if they tossed gossip options on all the companions. Sometimes, I just want to talk to them. BW did this with DA - plus, they had repeatable fade-to-black scenes. It'd be nice if my character could choose to chit-chat with her companions or have snuggly-time with her husband whenever she wanted.

Though I agree - "date" quests would be a nice break every now and then. A picnic in Alderaan, dancing in Nar Shaddaa, hunting on Hoth - these would be fantastic, silly little quests. Maybe even a fight quest? With a make-up/apology follow-up?

happysister
02.17.2012, 12:18 PM
Though I agree - "date" quests would be a nice break every now and then. A picnic in Alderaan, dancing in Nar Shaddaa, hunting on Hoth - these would be fantastic, silly little quests. Maybe even a fight quest? With a make-up/apology follow-up?

i second this. i think it'd be stupid if it all just ended after marriage. i mean you get married to your true love and then never speak to them again? what kind of spouse are you? -_- small talk and pointless quests with your hubby would at least be more realistic.

SilentKitty
02.17.2012, 01:36 PM
A trooper friend told me that his male char actually started flirting again, Elara hasn't spoken to him for 3 lvl's now so the "engaged"-feeling is starting to wear of. They had their last convo at lvl 47. But he has assured me that it is just flirting...

Don't know for how long I'll wait with the last convo for Corso and Doc, as long as possible I guess since I'll miss not having them saying that they would like to talk to me. Jupp, the repeatable "fade-to-black" in ME2 and DAII were great! Gimme =)

Boosterdog
02.17.2012, 02:57 PM
I'd hate to accept the thought of the in game romance missions ending after marriage.

Actually....It's not.:rolleyes: </snip>

Fixed for clarification! :D I am not in the mind set that romance ends after marriage. Like you I am still happily in love with my husband and partake in plenty of routine romance. Romance is romance!! :o

Lets see how it works. They meet, they like each other, they love eachother, first kiss, first black screen, something-equal-to-marriage-from-thier-poit-of-view. What should happen to make those two loving each other even

Can you agree that there will definitely be future content and more chapters to the smuggler story, with more obstacles and more NPCs, to throw possibly a wrench into things? There can be conflict, drama, all sorts of soap opera scenarios where they must overcome together and love each other more at the end. Sure they can love each other more and more. I don't think that marriage is the ceiling for how much two people love each other.

Yes, the routine romance doesn't exist in books and movies and most likely won't exist in this game, but I know I'm not the only one that wants more interactions would their companions, even if it is a 'daily routine romance' mission.

Still, I acknowledge that romance companions are a small feature in the scope of what Bioware has for this game, and it wouldn't surprise me if they leave the companions dead silent. Rather have something (anything!) than nothing at all.

TheMightyZan
02.17.2012, 10:58 PM
Ok, this is a bit off topic from the last page of stuff, but I needed to say it, and the "I love Corso" thread seems the best place.
I have my smuggler constantly flirt with the guys in her quest story line, because I am always super amused by the responses Corso gives to them. It also works with the personality of my smuggler, because she is a flirt. That being said, I never complete a fade to black, because...well... that just seems mean, and wrong to how I feel their relationship works.
With all that in mind, I just wanted to share something that happened in game the other day that was just so sad... poor Corso... I am sorry. Promise!
I was playing around on Voss the other day, and decided to see what would be Corso's response if I went through with sleeping with Lokir-Ka (I usually do this, then hit escape and redo it). When Lokir stated that Corso must be my husband, my smuggler responded with the fact that she was not married. Corso's response to this just utterly broke my heart. I felt bad for even pretending to choose it. It was along the lines of-
"You know he doesn't mean anything. You will leave here, and slink back to the ship, and just expect me to be there waiting on you"
He then walks away and looks over his shoulder and says, "One of these times, it might not be true." Proceeded by a hand covered shake of his head.
I was floored! It was just so sad. I know he's pixilated, but I actually felt like a bad person, because he was so hurt by it. Lokir even states that his wife won't be the only heart they were breaking. O.o
In a sum up... Very sorry, Corso! I promise never to pretend to have Alais cheat on you ever again! ~.~

NRieh
02.18.2012, 04:22 AM
Yes, the routine romance doesn't exist in books and movies and most likely won't exist in this game, but I know I'm not the only one that wants more interactions would their companions, even if it is a 'daily routine romance' mission.
sigh...yes, a good-night kiss after hard day, or a hug or pazaak (damn Corso, you played one with wookie!!! Why not me?!) anything is better then...bloody ENDGAME.

I know they promissed more content. But it looked like "we'll give you more FP, and more WZ and more gear....and...well, one day you'll get some more story...RP and socials? Minigames? hmm..we may think it over, thanx".

It's just I can't see any positive way for the romance lines atm. They had a lot of galaxy-saving job together and ended in something close to "victory", and their enemies were tough. Where would "loving more and more" thing get from? Should they kill The Main Sith in two? As for me the word "love" (in the meaning used here) has no grades at all. You either have it or not. As our local proverb says "one can't be just a little bit pregnant", same way I don't feel there can be something like "a little bit in love". But thats next to offtop already,and that's just mho, as you could guess.

Imo, no outer obstacles should\can influe such kind of relations. And inner ones are hard to implemend in a modeled in-game reality.

ps: Yep, I might be all wrong, and I'd be happy to see BW wordmasters surprising me one day. They already did it once creating this guy, so - hope springs eternal. But healing out same missions with random party over and over again just to get yet-another-plus-stat ... not in this game, please.

happysister
02.18.2012, 11:38 AM
I was playing around on Voss the other day, and decided to see what would be Corso's response if I went through with sleeping with Lokir-Ka (I usually do this, then hit escape and redo it). When Lokir stated that Corso must be my husband, my smuggler responded with the fact that she was not married. Corso's response to this just utterly broke my heart. I felt bad for even pretending to choose it. It was along the lines of-
"You know he doesn't mean anything. You will leave here, and slink back to the ship, and just expect me to be there waiting on you"
He then walks away and looks over his shoulder and says, "One of these times, it might not be true." Proceeded by a hand covered shake of his head.
I was floored! It was just so sad. I know he's pixilated, but I actually felt like a bad person, because he was so hurt by it. Lokir even states that his wife won't be the only heart they were breaking. O.o
In a sum up... Very sorry, Corso! I promise never to pretend to have Alais cheat on you ever again! ~.~

all i can say to that is.......ouch. o.o

GregMD
02.18.2012, 12:20 PM
I hate corso's stupid white guy dreads. Seriously, who's idea was it to give him *********** dreads? Was so glad you can change his hair because I would have hated him otherwise.

I facepalm every time I see a smuggler who's using an unmodded corso.

TheMightyZan
02.18.2012, 01:20 PM
I don't think he is a white guy with dreads. Always figured him more for a mix of different stuff, especially considering his cousin is black. So dreads would make sense for his hair type probably. Also, considering he started out as a Kiffar, dreads are naturally what he would have.

GregMD
02.18.2012, 01:21 PM
looks and sounds white to me, the dreads look stupid as hell regardless

ejadavidson
02.18.2012, 01:23 PM
I have been switching between my smuggler and my Jedi knight (just for reference, I am female) and I have to say I prefer Doc over Corso.

It's not that Corso is unattractive, it's just he seems way too young for my smuggler, who I view as rather worldly and not so naive and idealistic. And maybe Dezz (Dezzarey) might like a boy toy that can hold his own in a fight, he just seems wrong for her in the long term. Even though she hates pirates, I see her more hooking up with someone like a reformed Andronikus Revel; someone whose morals are a little grayer.

I'm playing Dezz full on mercenary who is always has the whats-in-it-for-me attitude and Corso doesn't seem to like that, so I'm pretty disappointed. Since Corso seems to be her only romance option, I think she's screwed and not in a good way. I don't want to play her different just so she can have a romantic interlude.

I wish there were more romance options. Fortunately for my jedi and my sith, I've liked both Doc and Andronikus.

Bytemite
02.18.2012, 01:41 PM
I hate corso's stupid white guy dreads. Seriously, who's idea was it to give him *********** dreads? Was so glad you can change his hair because I would have hated him otherwise.

I facepalm every time I see a smuggler who's using an unmodded corso.

I don't like how he looks or the dreads either, but customization seems really weird to me. So ultimately I don't care enough either way, since it's not like I ever have to look at him (Press spacebar to skip conversation).

Bytemite
02.18.2012, 01:46 PM
I have been switching between my smuggler and my Jedi knight (just for reference, I am female) and I have to say I prefer Doc over Corso.

It's not that Corso is unattractive, it's just he seems way too young for my smuggler, who I view as rather worldly and not so naive and idealistic. And maybe Dezz (Dezzarey) might like a boy toy that can hold his own in a fight, he just seems wrong for her in the long term. Even though she hates pirates, I see her more hooking up with someone like a reformed Andronikus Revel; someone whose morals are a little grayer.

I'm playing Dezz full on mercenary who is always has the whats-in-it-for-me attitude and Corso doesn't seem to like that, so I'm pretty disappointed. Since Corso seems to be her only romance option, I think she's screwed and not in a good way. I don't want to play her different just so she can have a romantic interlude.

I wish there were more romance options. Fortunately for my jedi and my sith, I've liked both Doc and Andronikus.

To be really fair, his "I'm a backwater hick" thing is mostly an act. But he is still somewhat TOO idealistic, considering his backstory, and he's also socially awkward in some ways that really don't make much sense. I'm not really a dark-side or grey person, but I do get where you're coming from, because in some ways I find him a little smothering.

silvershadows
02.18.2012, 01:54 PM
Ok, this is a bit off topic from the last page of stuff, but I needed to say it, and the "I love Corso" thread seems the best place.
I have my smuggler constantly flirt with the guys in her quest story line, because I am always super amused by the responses Corso gives to them. It also works with the personality of my smuggler, because she is a flirt. That being said, I never complete a fade to black, because...well... that just seems mean, and wrong to how I feel their relationship works.
With all that in mind, I just wanted to share something that happened in game the other day that was just so sad... poor Corso... I am sorry. Promise!

Man am I glad I NEVER flirted with ANYONE, even before Lilly and Corso actually told each other they liked each other... mostly because I liked Corso right away. Like... immediately. I knew I wanted him and so did Lilly, lol.

Of course I have to admit I'm also a little hooked on Torian Cadera. ><

Anyway, I'm writing up what is turning out to be a freaking NOVEL involving Lilly, Corso, my sith juggernaut, and probably my bounty hunter. I refuse to post it to any fan fiction site though since most fan fiction is more like fan erotica and that is just... not what I'm writing, and I don't want to be associated with those steaming piles of unmitigated garbage in any way, shape, or form. I'm an AUTHOR. That might sound stuck up - well it does, but it's also true.

However, I may post some excerpts here if people are interested. Most likely as I write it I will put it up on Deviantart or something since if I put it up there it's copyrighted to me and I can slap people around if they try to steal it.

On the other hand I'm afraid of getting sued. ><

TheMightyZan
02.18.2012, 02:08 PM
You won't get sued for writing a story using your character. Just be sure to put a disclaimer that you don't own anything Bioware created.
Fanfiction.net has put up sections for works using the companions on their site... of course I think there is only a Jaesa one so far, heh.

silvershadows
02.18.2012, 02:20 PM
You won't get sued for writing a story using your character. Just be sure to put a disclaimer that you don't own anything Bioware created.
Fanfiction.net has put up sections for works using the companions on their site... of course I think there is only a Jaesa one so far, heh.

Yea like I said, I don't really want to put what I write on a fan fiction website. Most of the 'fan fiction' stories out there aren't really stories they're glossed over erotica, which is far from what I write.

My actual interest is to eventually really write for the Star Wars EU. (god knows I'm better than Jeff Grubb, I wanted to SCREAM each time I read a Dragonlance novel he wrote)

My worry over being sued is actually over using Corso, Malavai Quinn, Torian Cadera, Cole Cantarus... and referencing events from the game since they are a huge part of each character's past.

TheMightyZan
02.18.2012, 02:46 PM
My worry over being sued is actually over using Corso, Malavai Quinn, Torian Cadera, Cole Cantarus... and referencing events from the game since they are a huge part of each character's past.

As long as you make a point to mention that they are bioware creations, you should be good. Unless Bioware has explicitly come out and said that they are not ok with people using their characters or history in stories, then they probably don't care.

Don't blame you for feeling that way about fan fic sites, heh, most are really bad, or, as you said, people's attempts to write smut.

Deviant art could work. I know some people use free web hosting to make simple websites for their stuff.

Bytemite
02.18.2012, 02:47 PM
Man am I glad I NEVER flirted with ANYONE, even before Lilly and Corso actually told each other they liked each other... mostly because I liked Corso right away. Like... immediately. I knew I wanted him and so did Lilly, lol.

Of course I have to admit I'm also a little hooked on Torian Cadera. ><

Anyway, I'm writing up what is turning out to be a freaking NOVEL involving Lilly, Corso, my sith juggernaut, and probably my bounty hunter. I refuse to post it to any fan fiction site though since most fan fiction is more like fan erotica and that is just... not what I'm writing, and I don't want to be associated with those steaming piles of unmitigated garbage in any way, shape, or form. I'm an AUTHOR. That might sound stuck up - well it does, but it's also true.

However, I may post some excerpts here if people are interested. Most likely as I write it I will put it up on Deviantart or something since if I put it up there it's copyrighted to me and I can slap people around if they try to steal it.

On the other hand I'm afraid of getting sued. ><

I write fanfiction, and... yeaaaaah, it is kinda like this. Way too many authors use it to live out their fantasies, and even just the association with that kinda stuff makes me feel my credibility erode with everything I write. But to each their own, someone wants to write a lemon I guess that's up to them.

It's not technically doing anything wrong, after all, unless they're selling someone else's work or trying to take credit for it. Some IP owners may object to any use of their stuff, commercial or not, and you kind of have to know who you're dealing with.

But if you do start writing fanfiction, watch out for the slippery slope. I used to be this steely tomboy, emotionally unmovable and completely unsentimental. Now I write sappy fluff or ridiculous angst. :( You think I could've gotten into writing testosterone laden explosion fests, but no.

silvershadows
02.18.2012, 09:42 PM
I write fanfiction, and... yeaaaaah, it is kinda like this. Way too many authors use it to live out their fantasies, and even just the association with that kinda stuff makes me feel my credibility erode with everything I write. But to each their own, someone wants to write a lemon I guess that's up to them.

It's not technically doing anything wrong, after all, unless they're selling someone else's work or trying to take credit for it. Some IP owners may object to any use of their stuff, commercial or not, and you kind of have to know who you're dealing with.

But if you do start writing fanfiction, watch out for the slippery slope. I used to be this steely tomboy, emotionally unmovable and completely unsentimental. Now I write sappy fluff or ridiculous angst. :( You think I could've gotten into writing testosterone laden explosion fests, but no.

I usually do write testosterone laden explosion fests :p

I do add in some romance though, cause you can't have a good story without it. It's just full of tension and what the hell moments :p

NRieh
02.19.2012, 09:40 AM
Most of us do fictions, I suppose, but some (like me) are too lazy even to write those down. It's more like making stories or watching movies in ones head. Private use only, no matter how "erotic" content is...Just because..well, it's personal.

Sigh. I had "A Hint of Sentiment" today. So...according to torhead my game's over. No, there's still about 1\2 of Voss and Corellia class line to go, and I'm still at 45, and I got cool matching outfits for both of us via pvp recently...yet... wierd feeling. Own fic still goes on, yes, and (to be honest) some of my own parts were far more enjoyable then what they showed me as soon as I did "gunfight..." in last 3 missions :rolleyes:. And it seems to me that even more is to follow.

I dont even think I really'd need more subscribtion to continue one,actually. As a heavy "sandboxer" I already took all I needed "in my head". And that's kind of problem - the longer scilent "endgame" lasts - the further my story runs away from all kind of "lore". Even while chapter 3 it did turn aside slightly. And the lesser I need that "lore-wise" story, unless they make something REALLY nice out of it. And I suppose, that it's not only me who feels like this....so in case BW won't undertake anything - they're likely to bury their main feature alive, at least for those who care.

Oh, and I also just watched beta-version of "wedding". No, I really can't tell which of two Corsos is better - beta or released one. In beta-movie eyes are already brown, but that kifar face seems less casual to me, but not less attractive. And in concept eyes were green. Image had its charm, really.

ejadavidson
02.19.2012, 11:03 AM
I've written a boatload of Star Wars fanfiction in my time, and I'm a published author AND and screenwriter (this game really isn't helping my productivity). There are some good stories out there from people like me, people who take their writing serious, and then there are... other.... writers. >.> A term I'm using generously. More like they're spewers of words on a page. You just have to sift through a lot of junk.

Don't be afraid to put your stories out there. My stories are more akin to mini-movies without the Mary Sue or the angst or the sex, and I have quite a following. People appreciate good stories. I even won a fan fic award, but that was years ago.

Anyway, I think this is highjacking the thread. Sorry!

Here's to hoping in the future that there are several romance options and not just one. At least, for my sith, jedi and smuggler there has only been one.

silvershadows
02.19.2012, 11:42 AM
As far as moving away from the 'official' lore, I solved that myself - my story takes place 2 years in the future. If they come up with an xpac that changes stuff, I'll change the timeline, make it happen sooner or even later.

I just don't know if I should post it here, or post it on deviant art and then link to it here. And if I should put it in this thread or give it it's own, lol.

NRieh
02.19.2012, 01:51 PM
As far as moving away from the 'official' lore, I solved that myself - my story takes place 2 years in the future. If they come up with an xpac that changes stuff, I'll change the timeline, make it happen sooner or even later.
Convinient way :D I was focusing more on her past, though. Always nice to feel background.
And also just to give them few more chances.

And as for fics - we did those with my sister long-long ago, before we had computers and etc, and we didn't even know the very word "fanfiction". Well, as I said - suppose most of us do fics that way or another.

DrShadowPhoenix
02.19.2012, 02:27 PM
I have done a few little snippets of fanfiction of my smuggler and Corso, but nothing too big. All on Deviantart, as I already have an account there and that. I'd like to be a writer someday (I've done other stuff), but I don't think I've got the commitment or the talent.

Anyway, on the Facebook page for SWTOR, they were putting up romancable character wallpapers. Corso's isn't that flattering, to be honest; it looks like he's eaten too much curry and it's come back to haunt him.

Vector's is the luff though. ^^

silvershadows
02.19.2012, 03:06 PM
I have done a few little snippets of fanfiction of my smuggler and Corso, but nothing too big. All on Deviantart, as I already have an account there and that. I'd like to be a writer someday (I've done other stuff), but I don't think I've got the commitment or the talent.

Anyway, on the Facebook page for SWTOR, they were putting up romancable character wallpapers. Corso's isn't that flattering, to be honest; it looks like he's eaten too much curry and it's come back to haunt him.

Vector's is the luff though. ^^

Yea I've commented on a couple of them, I have about 10 wallpapers of my own that are Corso, right now my wallpaper is Torian though. ><

NRieh
02.20.2012, 05:10 AM
gimmie da link!! :o I dont use socnets so never follow anything of that kind, but I'd love to see what they did about him.

Just today got an idea about a pic for a T-shirt, But I'm afraid my husband may have objections :p (though he did claim several times that he never gets jealous about fictional men). And I also don't have proper res pictures... Inspired by that latest "hating" video by the way. :D May do one as wallpaper still, just let me get my story up to the end.

LizardWizard
02.20.2012, 05:56 AM
Silvershadows- I would definitely like to read any story you wrote, I am writer myself ( not SW theme, though) and I am very interested in writing of others :) You really should publish it here somewhere! :)

silvershadows
02.20.2012, 09:29 AM
Silvershadows- I would definitely like to read any story you wrote, I am writer myself ( not SW theme, though) and I am very interested in writing of others :) You really should publish it here somewhere! :)

Well, like I said a few posts up, it's turning into a novel haha. I'm up to about 20 pages right now and there's still plenty more in my head. So I'll probably end up posting it on deviantart and then I'll need to figure out how to make a pdf of it so people can read it on their e-readers, lol.

If I tried to just post it in a thread somewhere here it would be way way way too long. Just hope people actually read it, while I love my own stories I dont need to write them down to enjoy them, lol.

Boosterdog
02.20.2012, 09:29 AM
gimmie da link!! :o I dont use socnets so never follow anything of that kind, but I'd love to see what they did about him.

Hope this link to the album works for you! (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150575636958860.394973.28984808859&type=1)

If not here is Corso's. (http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/398561_10150575638818860_28984808859_9063564_96105 0620_n.jpg)

I just luuurve how some people are still ranting about the harpoon. :rolleyes:

silvershadows
02.20.2012, 09:33 AM
Hope this link to the album works for you! (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150575636958860.394973.28984808859&type=1)

If not here is Corso's. (http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/398561_10150575638818860_28984808859_9063564_96105 0620_n.jpg)

I just luuurve how some people are still ranting about the harpoon. :rolleyes:

I know haha what the heck is up with that? People seriously haven't realized you can turn it off?

My left hotbar is always my companion's hotbar, I have super good control over companions because of it. Enough that on my bounty hunter the other day I was able to just run away from a sentinel 3 levels higher than me while Torian creamed him into the ground and then yelled "TOAST!"

Yes, that really happened. Nothing funnier than watching someone 3 levels higher than you get owned by your companion. :p Of course, I've kept Torian geared to the teeth (corso is now in champion/centurion gear too!) which might have had something to do with it.

NRieh
02.20.2012, 10:51 AM
Got both album and a big one, thanx, naaaaaaais pic...and a flower in a corner....sigh...:o

/me afk for a cold shower. :D

(should've screened more while leveling, really)

By the way, is it just me or there IS something wrong with a hair\rifle butt part? Looks like models overlayed in a wrong way, rifle is just stuck inside his hair (tail). It either should go under his tail or be even more behind\lift it up (And bang his head as he moves on if hanging that high, btw:p)
But it just cant hang behind back of his head and leave hair as it is...I think...It just does not look right.

silvershadows
02.20.2012, 04:12 PM
Just for giggles, and to see if anyone is interested, here's a short excerpt from the story I'm writing. Just for the sake of clarity, this particular scene is what happens when Lillian arrives on Ord Mantell to pick up a weapons shipment she is supposed to smuggle onto Corellia:

"Orthos? Maybe you can help me here and while you're at it, give me the name of my contact on Corellia." She turned to face the man, and was considerably disconcerted to find herself staring down the barrel of the blaster he was holding pointed at her forehead. She tried a joke. "Or, you could just shoot me and put me out of my misery."
His pale eyes narrowed at her, though his face was otherwise expressionless. "I think you'd rather come with me, Captain. Don't make this any harder on yourself." His voice had changed, Lillian realized - he spoke in clipped precise tones, each word carefully enunciated and perfectly clear. Imperial. She closed her eyes for a second and swallowed hard, then opened them and tried again.
"Hey, I think you have the wrong person here. I'm just a small-time smuggler looking for some credits, I'm nobody important."
Now he did smile, and it was a smile so predatory that it caused a cold pit to form in her stomach. She thought of the blasters on her forearms and tried to calculate whether or not she could get them into her hands and up in firing position before he burned a hole through her skull. Fat chance, she thought. Better to keep talking if she could. Before she could open her mouth and speak again though, he took a step forward and put the cold muzzle of his blaster directly against the white skin of her forehead.
"You are Captain Lillian Riggs. Your ship is the Silver Shadow, and you were employed as a privateer for the Galactic Republic two years ago during the battle of Corellia. Your husband is a farm boy from this planet named Corso. Your ship's crew was a motley bunch of aliens who have since scattered across the galaxy as scum like that is wont to do. You made the mistake of coming here alone, and now, you will come with me, or I will shoot you."
She had no choice. Shaking her wrists, she dropped the holdout blasters into her palms and started to bring her arms up and in line. The Imperial was a split second faster, however, and she saw his thumb switch the power selection lever on his blaster from "kill" to "stun" just before he squeezed the trigger.
The blue-white ion burst played over her body, frying every nerve ending and causing her muscles to spasm uncontrollably. She dropped to the ground, unable to control her own body, as the Imperial kicked the blasters from her hands, sending them skittering across the floor. He knelt down beside her, pulling a syringe from his pocket, uncapping it and jabbing the needle into the side of her neck, depressing the plunger with his thumb.
"Sleep now, Captain." His voice came to her as if from a great distance as she felt whatever drug he had put in her body start to work, causing her mind to drift. An image of Corso surfaced in her thoughts, his brown eyes staring at her, a loving smile painted across his face. She felt a single tear well up and slide down her cheek as she lay there on the cold floor unarmed and defenseless, before unconciousness claimed her.

DrShadowPhoenix
02.20.2012, 05:42 PM
^^

That's excellent! Made me hungry for more, too. Puts the little nuggets I've done to shame.

silvershadows
02.21.2012, 12:27 AM
^^

That's excellent! Made me hungry for more, too. Puts the little nuggets I've done to shame.

Well hopefully I'll be able to finish it and actually put it up somewhere, I put this same excerpt up in the fan fiction section of the forums and its had zero comments which isn't really encouraging lol.

Dayntee
02.21.2012, 01:30 AM
I have a favor to ask, ladies. I didn't save screenshot copies of the letters Corso sent and now I'm kicking myself for it (I know, I know, but I put it off and the letters expired. /sad). Anyone have copies/transcripts and mind posting them in spoiler tags for me? I will love you forever!

silvershadows
02.21.2012, 02:19 AM
I have a favor to ask, ladies. I didn't save screenshot copies of the letters Corso sent and now I'm kicking myself for it (I know, I know, but I put it off and the letters expired. /sad). Anyone have copies/transcripts and mind posting them in spoiler tags for me? I will love you forever!

Here's one:

POEM! (http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5994/swtor2012010906262989.jpg)

And another:

Haha he said Gizka (http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3237/swtor2012012317151273.jpg)

And the last:

Once a farm boy, always a farm boy (http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8818/swtor2012012317152743.jpg)

LizardWizard
02.21.2012, 03:12 AM
Well, like I said a few posts up, it's turning into a novel haha. I'm up to about 20 pages right now and there's still plenty more in my head. So I'll probably end up posting it on deviantart and then I'll need to figure out how to make a pdf of it so people can read it on their e-readers, lol.

If I tried to just post it in a thread somewhere here it would be way way way too long. Just hope people actually read it, while I love my own stories I dont need to write them down to enjoy them, lol.

Hehe I once posted a novel about 50 pages long to the single post, so dont worry about that :D
This example of your work was very nice, looking forward for more :)

Skybly
02.21.2012, 08:18 AM
A friend just posted the link to this petition on facebook, and seeing as Ms Hepler is the writer of our beloved farmboy, I figured maybe I should leave it here. (There are some links at the bottom of the petition that give a bit more background story)

http://www.change.org/petitions/bioware-corp-come-out-publicly-in-support-of-jennifer-hepler

Boosterdog
02.21.2012, 08:29 AM
Just for giggles, and to see if anyone is interested, here's a short excerpt from the story I'm writing. Just for the sake of clarity, this particular scene is what happens when Lillian arrives on Ord Mantell to pick up a weapons shipment she is supposed to smuggle onto Corellia:

"Orthos? Maybe you can help me here and while you're at it, give me the name of my contact on Corellia." She turned to face the man, and was considerably disconcerted to find herself staring down the barrel of the blaster he was holding pointed at her forehead. She tried a joke. "Or, you could just shoot me and put me out of my misery."
His pale eyes narrowed at her, though his face was otherwise expressionless. "I think you'd rather come with me, Captain. Don't make this any harder on yourself." His voice had changed, Lillian realized - he spoke in clipped precise tones, each word carefully enunciated and perfectly clear. Imperial. She closed her eyes for a second and swallowed hard, then opened them and tried again.
"Hey, I think you have the wrong person here. I'm just a small-time smuggler looking for some credits, I'm nobody important."
Now he did smile, and it was a smile so predatory that it caused a cold pit to form in her stomach. She thought of the blasters on her forearms and tried to calculate whether or not she could get them into her hands and up in firing position before he burned a hole through her skull. Fat chance, she thought. Better to keep talking if she could. Before she could open her mouth and speak again though, he took a step forward and put the cold muzzle of his blaster directly against the white skin of her forehead.
"You are Captain Lillian Riggs. Your ship is the Silver Shadow, and you were employed as a privateer for the Galactic Republic two years ago during the battle of Corellia. Your husband is a farm boy from this planet named Corso. Your ship's crew was a motley bunch of aliens who have since scattered across the galaxy as scum like that is wont to do. You made the mistake of coming here alone, and now, you will come with me, or I will shoot you."
She had no choice. Shaking her wrists, she dropped the holdout blasters into her palms and started to bring her arms up and in line. The Imperial was a split second faster, however, and she saw his thumb switch the power selection lever on his blaster from "kill" to "stun" just before he squeezed the trigger.
The blue-white ion burst played over her body, frying every nerve ending and causing her muscles to spasm uncontrollably. She dropped to the ground, unable to control her own body, as the Imperial kicked the blasters from her hands, sending them skittering across the floor. He knelt down beside her, pulling a syringe from his pocket, uncapping it and jabbing the needle into the side of her neck, depressing the plunger with his thumb.
"Sleep now, Captain." His voice came to her as if from a great distance as she felt whatever drug he had put in her body start to work, causing her mind to drift. An image of Corso surfaced in her thoughts, his brown eyes staring at her, a loving smile painted across his face. She felt a single tear well up and slide down her cheek as she lay there on the cold floor unarmed and defenseless, before unconciousness claimed her.

Such a talented author!! Can't wait to read more!

sabreene
02.21.2012, 01:17 PM
A friend just posted the link to this petition on facebook, and seeing as Ms Hepler is the writer of our beloved farmboy, I figured maybe I should leave it here. (There are some links at the bottom of the petition that give a bit more background story)

http://www.change.org/petitions/bioware-corp-come-out-publicly-in-support-of-jennifer-hepler

Signed!

silvershadows
02.21.2012, 11:26 PM
Looks like BioWare made an official statement in support of the writer of our beloved Corso. Way to go BioWare!

(And yes, that's my smuggler's picture on my facebook in the comments, lol!)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/115950-BioWare-Supports-Beleaguered-Writer

Dayntee
02.22.2012, 01:11 AM
Just wanted to say thanks, Silver! You're my hero!

And great read with that article too. The horrible things people are capable of on the internet don't surprise me (I work in the game industry too, and I can relate all to well to the experiences she's having), but I really thought this community (as a whole) would be better than that.

I'm glad we have our haven in the Corso thread. I love the people here and I've made it a point to check here daily, even if I don't always post. <3

TheMightyZan
02.22.2012, 09:04 AM
RAGE RAGE RAGE

*sigh*

Gamers....

Good on Bioware for standing up to it.

SilentKitty
02.22.2012, 05:49 PM
Didn't see the Hepler-thing until today. Made me so angry that she was treated in such a awful way. She has written some really wonderful characters and our darling Corso being one of them. Glad to see that bioware stod up for her.

Aeramen
02.23.2012, 03:40 AM
I am also a Corso lover! And the dreads, so perfect. The ladies DO need some man candy in this game for sure and hats off to BioWare for makin' him hawt!

I'm a woman, and I find Corso an insult to my intelligence.

silvershadows
02.23.2012, 07:00 AM
I'm a woman, and I find Corso an insult to my intelligence.

Pretty sad that a man made out of pixels would make you feel that way.

I find Corso to be a compliment to my dreams at night. :o

EarnestBunbury
02.23.2012, 12:55 PM

You should check out Oscar Wilde!

Septembre
02.23.2012, 01:33 PM
I love the story between Corso and my smuggler. It makes the game more enjoyable. At first he frustrated me, but I grew to love the little farmboy over time. Go Team Corso <3

Xelestial_Dragon
02.24.2012, 10:48 AM
OK, so I FRAPS my class and companion conversations with the intent of perhaps one day uploading to YouTube. I try all options and hit escape but on Courting a Captain, I said "no" (got the most heartbreaking response ever) twice and was about to hit escape to continue the romance with Corso and it auto-completed with no cut-to black! :(:(:(:( My cries were heard all over the house as my husband freaked out "WHAT'S WRONG?! WHAT HAPPENED". After many curse words and lamenting, I told him that I effed up the relationship with Corso (I've fallen in love with him in the same way I fell in love with Fenris and Alistair) and I thought I had to make a new Smuggler in order to get a chance to romance him again.

I'm only lvl 17 but this is actually the second Smuggler I've effed up as I chose Scoundrel the first time and hated it. If I have to do, I will, but I'd like to make sure that he'll never ever give me another chance again?

I won't completely mind because I sort of rushed through the first half of the romance anyway because he had way too much affection by the time I got my ship and I love him too much to rush it but the first 17 levels are meh... Please just confirm? In the meantime, I guess I'll get on creating my third Smuggler...sigh.

silvershadows
02.24.2012, 02:35 PM
OK, so I FRAPS my class and companion conversations with the intent of perhaps one day uploading to YouTube. I try all options and hit escape but on Courting a Captain, I said "no" (got the most heartbreaking response ever) twice and was about to hit escape to continue the romance with Corso and it auto-completed with no cut-to black! :(:(:(:( My cries were heard all over the house as my husband freaked out "WHAT'S WRONG?! WHAT HAPPENED". After many curse words and lamenting, I told him that I effed up the relationship with Corso (I've fallen in love with him in the same way I fell in love with Fenris and Alistair) and I thought I had to make a new Smuggler in order to get a chance to romance him again.

I'm only lvl 17 but this is actually the second Smuggler I've effed up as I chose Scoundrel the first time and hated it. If I have to do, I will, but I'd like to make sure that he'll never ever give me another chance again?

I won't completely mind because I sort of rushed through the first half of the romance anyway because he had way too much affection by the time I got my ship and I love him too much to rush it but the first 17 levels are meh... Please just confirm? In the meantime, I guess I'll get on creating my third Smuggler...sigh.

Uck, yea youd have to start all over :/

Xelestial_Dragon
02.24.2012, 02:41 PM
Uck, yea youd have to start all over :/

;_; Thanks for the confirmation. Well, I got working on it, level 5 now...another hour should be off Ord Mantell and by tomorrow if I work at it and have enough time, will hopefully be back where I left off. Corso is so worth it and truthfully, I don't completely mind redoing conversations and quests with him <3

Could have been worse. If I hadn't had rushed through it, I could have been like level 40 or something by the time I screwed up.

Ebonynight
02.24.2012, 11:56 PM
I agree with not liking the customizations for Corso and absolutely loving his hair. It's great. And there is something sweet about a hired gun that works for smugglers but has a super high ethical standard.

But after getting to the point of the kiss scene, I've not gotten any quests or romance scenes and he is as 6083 AP. I read where someone got another quest at 5000 ap and there was another romance scene at 6000 AP.

I'm even testing out various answers and combos of answers to try to get the highest combinations of AP. But I seems to not be getting anywhere.

silvershadows
02.25.2012, 01:45 AM
I agree with not liking the customizations for Corso and absolutely loving his hair. It's great. And there is something sweet about a hired gun that works for smugglers but has a super high ethical standard.

But after getting to the point of the kiss scene, I've not gotten any quests or romance scenes and he is as 6083 AP. I read where someone got another quest at 5000 ap and there was another romance scene at 6000 AP.

I'm even testing out various answers and combos of answers to try to get the highest combinations of AP. But I seems to not be getting anywhere.

It's your level or your progression in the class story. Eventually as you level up you'll get a whole bunch of conversations with him at once.

Due to that, I've completely stopped giving gifts to romanceable companions, so that it feels more 'natural'. Of course, they usually love me tons anyway. I got +327 affection with Torian once for one answer, lol.

NRieh
02.25.2012, 02:54 AM
It's your level or your progression in the class story.
Second one. Confirmed few times - affection is out of control, so that to prevent "ealry marriages" they split romance line into chapters. That seems a good idea, actually. But as implemended now it also means that if you like each other "too much" you ll get all the next chapter's content asap once you hit one. And later on - NOTHING, unless you have some more chapters to go. I wonder, if there's a SINGLE person that can be patient enough not click them all through once you get them. I tried hard not to. REALLY:p.

It's an ugly game-design feature imo - it breaks immersion and aslo it's stupid to have conversations about things that din NOT yet happen(hello "no walking away" before starting balmorra), and I don't see any reasons for giving me a 45 mission (hello, "gunfight..") while I'm on 32, really... They could've just make some affection cap per, lets say, 5 levels. Same way we have light\dark and social graded. Or they could just tie the point to the level, not to chapter. Even that would be less annoying. Damn, simple internal cooldown (same as in daylies) would even look better. It's not players fault that we can "outscore" their estimated affection numbers. And I did NOT use gifts much, so even in more or less "natural" coditions it's hard to keep affection and plot together. Especially, if you both like same conversation choices.

ps: same stuff about letters. I could "walkaround" RP with no problem, that Corso could write a letter or two just to see me laughing while reading it, ok. But the 3rd one....Oh really? We were not finished with Voss by the time I got it. And we still have 1 more planet and 2 lvls to go. Now how am I supposed to take it after all those "no walking away" stuff?..

Ebonynight
02.25.2012, 07:57 AM
Second one. Confirmed few times - affection is out of control, so that to prevent "ealry marriages" they split romance line into chapters. That seems a good idea, actually. But as implemended now it also means that if you like each other "too much" you ll get all the next chapter's content asap once you hit one. And later on - NOTHING, unless you have some more chapters to go. I wonder, if there's a SINGLE person that can be patient enough not click them all through once you get them. I tried hard not to. REALLY:p.

It's an ugly game-design feature imo - it breaks immersion and aslo it's stupid to have conversations about things that din NOT yet happen(hello "no walking away" before starting balmorra), and I don't see any reasons for giving me a 45 mission (hello, "gunfight..") while I'm on 32, really... They could've just make some affection cap per, lets say, 5 levels. Same way we have light\dark and social graded. Or they could just tie the point to the level, not to chapter. Even that would be less annoying. Damn, simple internal cooldown (same as in daylies) would even look better. It's not players fault that we can "outscore" their estimated affection numbers. And I did NOT use gifts much, so even in more or less "natural" coditions it's hard to keep affection and plot together. Especially, if you both like same conversation choices.

ps: same stuff about letters. I could "walkaround" RP with no problem, that Corso could write a letter or two just to see me laughing while reading it, ok. But the 3rd one....Oh really? We were not finished with Voss by the time I got it. And we still have 1 more planet and 2 lvls to go. Now how am I supposed to take it after all those "no walking away" stuff?..

Well, it makes me wish I had not taken him with me on Tatooine and used the Wookie there. But I suppose it makes sense with trying to control pacing. But it seems awkwardly done as you point out in your next posting.

CutePanda
02.25.2012, 01:52 PM
Am I the only one who said NO to his marriage proposal O.o!?

Ebonynight
02.25.2012, 02:04 PM
I think a lot of his charm is that he managed to maintain his 'innocence and purity of spirit' after his family is killed and working with the criminal classes to get by. I had decided to try and do a pure light character and he is also a great compass to use to get the most light points out of questing.

Mrauseti
02.25.2012, 09:39 PM
I love Corso dearly, he is a great companion and the only one I play the game with. But I have a puzzling problem. At around 5k affection we had our first kiss, but he hasn't talked to me since. I have him up to 8k now and still nothing. Is this a bug or could it be my level? I'm level 31 and sure ready for another smooch (or something). Thanks for any help.

Ebonynight
02.25.2012, 11:14 PM
Just read backwards a few posts and there is an explanation why. The next step won't come until chapter two from what I'm told. And if you get too much AP you end up with a rush of Corso quests and conversations all at once.

Dayntee
02.25.2012, 11:43 PM
Just read backwards a few posts and there is an explanation why. The next step won't come until chapter two from what I'm told. And if you get too much AP you end up with a rush of Corso quests and conversations all at once.

This.

Unfortunately, most of the pacing in the game is set per chapter/level, and not per your AP with companions. It makes relationships unnaturally awkward in a lot of ways, especially in terms of telling a story.

Honestly, the caps as they are wouldn't be as bad if each chapter "tier" had some sort of repeatable quest (maybe a smooch for chapter one, a "blackout" for chapter two, and something more "meaningful" for chapter 3?).

NRieh
02.26.2012, 12:34 AM
It would be ok, if it was level. I mean you're very unlikely to hit Balmorra on lvl 30. But...well, I said this all above...repeatable quests....sigh.... Well, at least some good news from QA (in case you missed this one):

In Game Update 1.2, we have several emotes planned as unlocked rewards of the Legacy System. My favorite is the special dance that is so inspiring that your companion feels the urge to boogie down with you.

They'll teach him to dance as a part of legacy. Still, if animations will be performed by same freaks who did "sit", "flirt" and "lol"...I'm not sure it makes us happy. Even sims had more natural emotes..

Mrauseti
02.26.2012, 12:44 AM
Ah,thank you all. I looked around here and musta missed that post. I did finished chapter 1 and am on Alderon but nothing yet. Guess I have to do with "Anything for you captain" for now. Not complaining about that at all mind you.

NRieh
02.26.2012, 01:07 AM
Ah,thank you all. I looked around here and musta missed that post. I did finished chapter 1 and am on Alderon but nothing yet. Guess I have to do with "Anything for you captain" for now. Not complaining about that at all mind you.

Chapter 1 finishes as you do all the priate-treasure-related missions and last ones from the chain take place on Nar Shaddaa. So, it's very unlekely that you finished one, if you're still on Adleraan. 2 starts with Balmorra (and there is some intermission between those also - I can't remember were talks triggered just as we finished 1 or started 2) and ends with Voss. Could you count prologue (Mantell-Coruscant) as a chapter?

Aeramen
02.26.2012, 04:00 AM
Pretty sad that a man made out of pixels would make you feel that way.

I find Corso to be a compliment to my dreams at night. :o

Seriously, you call me sad and proceed to say things like that?

NRieh
02.26.2012, 04:59 AM
Let me try to explain, not sure you'll understand my point, and also my may be different than quoted persons one, but anyway.

"Things like that" actually got nothing to do with "man made of pixels".;)

But "hating" of all kinds does. I just cant imagine someone sitting and making serious fic about how s\he really hates this NPC. It just does not work like that. When you love something, you create, and it's your creation that you love (no matter if you understand it or not). But hating is more...objective. It has plain reasons (like harpoon or mismatch in alignments or a haircut). Its kinda paradox - but when you "love" - you love image of a man (no matter where and how he exists), when you "hate" - you hate 3 inches of pixels for some in-game mechanical reasons. RL stuff works same way, btw. You love more or less "imagined" person, and you "hate" some special features, if you do.

So, I'd say loving fictional person is somewhat ok...but hating - is not. :rolleyes:

saybut
02.26.2012, 05:54 AM
Let me try to explain, not sure you'll understand my point, and also my may be different than quoted persons one, but anyway.

"Things like that" actually got nothing to do with "man made of pixels".;)

But "hating" of all kinds does. I just cant imagine someone sitting and making serious fic about how s\he really hates this NPC. It just does not work like that. When you love something, you create, and it's your creation that you love (no matter if you understand it or not). But hating is more...objective. It has plain reasons (like harpoon or mismatch in alignments or a haircut). Its kinda paradox - but when you "love" - you love image of a man (no matter where and how he exists), when you "hate" - you hate 3 inches of pixels for some in-game mechanical reasons. RL stuff works same way, btw. You love more or less "imagined" person, and you "hate" some special features, if you do.

So, I'd say loving fictional person is somewhat ok...but hating - is not. :rolleyes:

Wow, really?

silvershadows
02.26.2012, 10:00 AM

Sure. I'm able to dream in 6 hour long full color movies about everything from lightsaber duels to flying around in my smuggler's ship. Is it any surprise that my favorite companions show up in my dreams as well? I've always been proud of my imagination and my ability to see things like that when asleep as well as awake, and I feel bad for people who are lacking.

If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be able to write the way I do. So they DO compliment my dreams, in fact they probably help inspire some of them.

Of course, I'm not sure what inspired the dream I had last night about driving my car at 200 mph down the highway and pulling some grand theft auto crap when the cops were chasing me.

Well, maybe GTA inspired it.

silvershadows
02.29.2012, 06:54 PM
Well, I've finally finished it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3180498#post3180498

There is a link to "In the Shadows - A Smuggler's Tale"

I warn you now that it is fairly long, but I had so much fun writing it, and I hope that people have just as much fun reading it.

MichiNeko
03.03.2012, 10:44 PM
Hi. I saw the message earlier in the thread about missing the chance to have a romance with Corso if you don't flirt with him that time when he's drunk. Is that really true? I actually wanted to have the relationship with him, but I told him to sleep it off. I didn't think it was important, and I didn't want to feel like I was taking advantage of him. I'm lvl46 now and have almost 6k affection with him. Will I ever get a second chance?

It's kind of awkward now because he gets jealous when he sees me flirt with anyone else, and even said he wished I would flirt with him, but I never have the option to. It's not as if I've refused him or anything. I'm not sure what to do.

silvershadows
03.04.2012, 05:58 AM
Hi. I saw the message earlier in the thread about missing the chance to have a romance with Corso if you don't flirt with him that time when he's drunk. Is that really true? I actually wanted to have the relationship with him, but I told him to sleep it off. I didn't think it was important, and I didn't want to feel like I was taking advantage of him. I'm lvl46 now and have almost 6k affection with him. Will I ever get a second chance?

It's kind of awkward now because he gets jealous when he sees me flirt with anyone else, and even said he wished I would flirt with him, but I never have the option to. It's not as if I've refused him or anything. I'm not sure what to do.

Yea, unfortunately it is true.

There isn't much you CAN do until and unless Bioware changes it so that one conversation doesn't shut off the romance - there are a couple companions who you can shoot down and then later pick it back up (Torian Cadera, for example).

What I hope for all the people who have accidentally friendzoned Corso is that when an expansion hits and they add more romances, that they also give people an opportunity to re-start a romance with previous companions that they didn't get to romance originally, or didn't want to but then later changed their minds after it was too late.

Also something to think about putting on the suggestion forums, I guess.

MichiNeko
03.04.2012, 11:16 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. I'll probably make another smuggler someday to try the other advanced class, and I'll know not to make the same mistake at least ^^

Telemachos
03.06.2012, 08:25 AM
I don't want to romance Corso- but I will say Corso is one of my favorite companions in the game.

He always reminded me of a buddy I had in the army where he was a good ol' boy and would throw down for you even if it meant getting his *** beat.

One thing I wish they would of included with him was something similar to Dragon Age Origins and Alistar- where he pulls you to the side and you have a down-to-earth chat with him about each companion.

Anyhow- Corso is cool and people that hate on him, well- they don't have a clue.

greypilgrim
03.06.2012, 05:48 PM
Hooo boy. That third letter is going to hit poor Vacy like a knife to the gut. I mean, I haven't kept logs of the conversations, but isn't there something pretty early on where he talks about life on the move? In her mind, their future was "the two of us among the stars."

And now… earthbound? He wants to buy a bunch of dirt and live THERE? When they could fall asleep to the soft hum of the Wonder's engines, drifting in an endless sea of possibilities and dreams?

I'll admit, I'm partial to the default look for Corso. I like the dreds, and I like the scars. I found the harpoon thing frustrating until a fellow scoundrel pointed out that it's a great setup for Back Blow, and since then we've been great partners.

And given how everyone calls him "Farm Boy," I'm SOOO longing for a chance to say "fetch me that pitcher?"

I've been thinking about writing some fanfics… maybe backstory? What all do we know? Grew up on Ord Mantell, family had a ranch with ronto herds? All killed off but the cousin. Anything I'm missing?

silvershadows
03.06.2012, 08:50 PM
Hooo boy. That third letter is going to hit poor Vacy like a knife to the gut. I mean, I haven't kept logs of the conversations, but isn't there something pretty early on where he talks about life on the move? In her mind, their future was "the two of us among the stars."

And now… earthbound? He wants to buy a bunch of dirt and live THERE? When they could fall asleep to the soft hum of the Wonder's engines, drifting in an endless sea of possibilities and dreams?

I'll admit, I'm partial to the default look for Corso. I like the dreds, and I like the scars. I found the harpoon thing frustrating until a fellow scoundrel pointed out that it's a great setup for Back Blow, and since then we've been great partners.

And given how everyone calls him "Farm Boy," I'm SOOO longing for a chance to say "fetch me that pitcher?"

I've been thinking about writing some fanfics… maybe backstory? What all do we know? Grew up on Ord Mantell, family had a ranch with ronto herds? All killed off but the cousin. Anything I'm missing?

There's quite a bit more to it but a lot of it has to get pieced together from what he talks about, like his time volunteering as a relief worker which gave him experience in war zones - like he said, there's no such thing as kids in warzones.

When I wrote my fanfic (link in signature) I just set it in the future. And there's some mention to some of the things he said in his questlines toward the end, when he tells Lillian basically exactly what she needed to hear him say - now the ranch on Dantooine doesn't matter anymore.

greypilgrim
03.06.2012, 09:32 PM
Heh. WHAT ranch? ;D

Well... at least they've got plenty of space to park the Shadow?

Newsinz
03.06.2012, 11:13 PM
This is unhealthy... lol.

NRieh
03.07.2012, 03:10 AM
That third letter is going to hit poor Vacy like a knife to the gut. I mean, I haven't kept logs of the conversations, but isn't there something pretty early on where he talks about life on the move? In her mind, their future was "the two of us among the stars."

now the ranch on Dantooine doesn't matter anymore.

You know, that was kind of Lara's logic also. Some time ago. But later she just somehow figured out, that main part here is "two of us". And that you never know unless you try out. Which surprised me a lot, actually, but I think I'm even glad for her - as you may remember all my previous concerns about any kind of possible future for such couple.

So, right now capt. Eleanare Rieh waits untill proper private landing zone will be finished, costed some creds (even though she removed from initial suggested project those four big turrets and heavy defence-droid with a big gun first:D), yet it was cheaper then paying regular mantainence and hangar rent fees to a spaceport anyway. ;)

And in case he\she\they get bored....well, distances and locations don't really mean that much in GFFA, especially when it takes you 10 minutes of slooow speeder riding directly to your ship. With damn nice hyperdrive. Time will tell what will come of it. Domesticated smuggler - sounds...hmm...interesting.

The only things that bothers her - is rest of the crew. Some do not understand, and some just have no place to go.... Not really sure about how they manage to find any way of making everyone happy(more or less)....but that will hardly change things.

ps: And what bothers personaly me - is where in the galaxy I can find any trustable and complete lore-like info on near-human (mirialan) physiology and biology, especially - about genetical compatibility with humans?! :p I don't think kids are on their "top 10 to do" list right now, but still... Line form a dialogue ("hint of sentiment" afair) was about "YOUR children", not OUR.

silvershadows
03.07.2012, 03:22 AM
Heh. WHAT ranch? ;D

Well... at least they've got plenty of space to park the Shadow?

The one that no longer exists in my little SWTOR world.

AngelAbove
03.08.2012, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I play a male Sharpshooter but I'm also a really big Corso fan. He's nice, cool, a little dumb but strong of character, reliable, trustworthy and he looks best without customs. Yeah. Ingame friends for life, I'll be sticking with Corso no matter how heavy Risha can hit. I need my tank, I need my buddy!

KareBarey
03.09.2012, 08:34 AM
I don't want to romance Corso- but I will say Corso is one of my favorite companions in the game.

He always reminded me of a buddy I had in the army where he was a good ol' boy and would throw down for you even if it meant getting his *** beat.

One thing I wish they would of included with him was something similar to Dragon Age Origins and Alistar- where he pulls you to the side and you have a down-to-earth chat with him about each companion.

Anyhow- Corso is cool and people that hate on him, well- they don't have a clue.

Well, look at it this way, you can flirt away with the other NPC's and let Corso suffer in his stubborness not to try to court you again!

Telemachos
03.09.2012, 08:51 AM
Well, look at it this way, you can flirt away with the other NPC's and let Corso suffer in his stubborness not to try to court you again!

My dude is a dude- the captain doesn't sail that route.

LordXalas
03.09.2012, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I play a male Sharpshooter but I'm also a really big Corso fan. He's nice, cool, a little dumb but strong of character, reliable, trustworthy and he looks best without customs. Yeah. Ingame friends for life, I'll be sticking with Corso no matter how heavy Risha can hit. I need my tank, I need my buddy!

man its all about the wookie for a tank. Just wish they fix the bug for him with all the new smugglers.

greypilgrim
03.09.2012, 05:00 PM
Corso reminds me of some of my favorite characters from other stories:

He has Buttercup's ordinariness and good looks, but Westley's enduring devotion.
He names his guns, like Jayne, but has Kaylee's pure heart.

LordXalas
03.09.2012, 06:56 PM
Corso reminds me of some of my favorite characters from other stories:

He has Buttercup's ordinariness and good looks, but Westley's enduring devotion.
He names his guns, like Jayne, but has Kaylee's pure heart.

firefly ftw. I also chuckled when he started naming his guns. Did remind me of Jayne

greypilgrim
03.09.2012, 07:37 PM
I KNOW. I reeeeeally want a pic of him in a yellow-and-orange bobble-hat, cuddling with Torchy. ^.^

Onionbird
03.10.2012, 11:34 AM
Corso is awesome!

BUT

My char married him 2 days ago, and still no letters! D: I was good and stayed away from spoilers on this one, but he's not sending me any :c

silvershadows
03.10.2012, 04:39 PM
Corso is awesome!

BUT

My char married him 2 days ago, and still no letters! D: I was good and stayed away from spoilers on this one, but he's not sending me any :c

You'll get them. Sometimes they're triggered by weird things. Like... death.

Onionbird
03.10.2012, 06:31 PM
You'll get them. Sometimes they're triggered by weird things. Like... death.

...eep

D:

greypilgrim
03.16.2012, 02:52 PM
If the game ever lets us cross-faction races, I will want to play a Sith Smuggler. That way whenever Corso says something sexist, I can whap him upside the head and tell him to get over himself.

Followed, of course, by snuggles. ^.^

va_wanderer
03.16.2012, 03:06 PM
If the game ever lets us cross-faction races, I will want to play a Sith Smuggler. That way whenever Corso says something sexist, I can whap him upside the head and tell him to get over himself.

Followed, of course, by snuggles. ^.^

Haven't read up on the Legacy patch upcoming yet, eh?

Your wish will be granted. Think you can even buy the option.

greypilgrim
03.16.2012, 08:25 PM
Oh, I've HEARD. But... you know... bird in the hand and counting chickens and all that. ;)

Wallach
03.16.2012, 08:42 PM
I actually think Corso is pretty cool too. I've never really understood the hate he gets. Grapple Line also makes him a hell of a lot more useful than Bowdaar, even if Wookiees are sweet.

NRieh
03.19.2012, 01:27 PM
Ladies!

Let's show BW what angry female smugglers can do. In case you missed the thing - in 1.2 harpoon shot is replaced with rocket jumping into the pack of mobs. Yes, same way Bowdar and Akaavi do.

It is now confirmed as "working as intended and missed in patch notes" now.

It was not announced anyhow, it does not make any sence (especially for sawbones\scoundrels\non-cover players), and also it's just unfair. I'm seriously unsure about resubing, even after new story-content comes. I do can self-RP around anything, but WHY are they doing THIS?!

Eaglerhino
03.19.2012, 02:31 PM
WOW, alot of girls came out to pledge their feelings for Corso....... Porsonally I Love te guy like a brother,but wookies are freaking awesome.

silvershadows
03.19.2012, 02:34 PM
Ladies!

Let's show BW what angry female smugglers can do. In case you missed the thing - in 1.2 harpoon shot is replaced with rocket jumping into the pack of mobs. Yes, same way Bowdar and Akaavi do.

It is now confirmed as "working as intended and missed in patch notes" now.

It was not announced anyhow, it does not make any sence (especially for sawbones\scoundrels\non-cover players), and also it's just unfair. I'm seriously unsure about resubing, even after new story-content comes. I do can self-RP around anything, but WHY are they doing THIS?!

That really irks me, actually more than any of the other changes. I use Corso's harpoon as an extra interrupt.

NRieh
03.19.2012, 04:49 PM
That really irks me, actually more than any of the other changes. I use Corso's harpoon as an extra interrupt.

Just let's give them feedback. In PTS thread. As much of it as we can. So that someone who invented this "improvement" would know it was a bad idea.

Whoever may call me pixel-loving lady, but I enjoyed mechanics I used to have while leveling a lot. Best healer leveling ever. Smart, plain, nice and...sigh, and yes - it's Corso after all. :p

I'm glad I've already had my share of fun, but it makes further content very unattractive, really. I don't even mind that they took away our giggling proc. But that just ruins all of my solo gameplay! We were not in beta, after all. We had 3 months of live servers. Of damn nice live. And they can't even say it's about pvp balancing! Since this thing did not work on player targets anyway.

Damn, I shouldn't have joked about changes for Corso in that necroed thread, really. Every joke has it's share of truth, as they say here..

silvershadows
03.19.2012, 05:29 PM
Just let's give them feedback. In PTS thread. As much of it as we can. So that someone who invented this "improvement" would know it was a bad idea.

Whoever may call me pixel-loving lady, but I enjoyed mechanics I used to have while leveling a lot. Best healer leveling ever. Smart, plain, nice and...sigh, and yes - it's Corso after all. :p

I'm glad I've already had my share of fun, but it makes further content very unattractive, really. I don't even mind that they took away our giggling proc. But that just ruins all of my solo gameplay! We were not in beta, after all. We had 3 months of live servers. Of damn nice live. And they can't even say it's about pvp balancing! Since this thing did not work on player targets anyway.

Damn, I shouldn't have joked about changes for Corso in that necroed thread, really. Every joke has it's share of truth, as they say here..

I'll make a post or two over there later on, trying to think of a way to word it. His harpoon also made him unique.

greypilgrim
03.20.2012, 06:38 PM
I noticed today that when he says "When we're back on board, Captain, I'd like a word with you" he has an adorable little stammer over the "I'd."

^.^

Ellyria
03.21.2012, 08:37 AM
Throwing in my love for Corso. Smuggler was the first class I played and I found him adorable, even though he seems a bit Anders-like with his jealousy (which makes sense since they have the same writer, at least he's not possessed by some ancient Sith power or something XD!). My smuggler wouldn't even flirt with any of the NPCs because she didn't want to break the poor farm boy's heart.

Now I've made a Scoundrel since my first Smuggler was a Gunslinger, so I can have tons of smuggling fun all over again (Damn you BioWare, why do I play your games over and over and over again?! So addicted!), and although she's romancing Corso, she's got a nasty habit of flirting with NPCs. *whistles*

So I'm curious... is going all the way with any of the NPCs going to break the relationship, regardless of whether or not he's your active companion? (because seriously, all your companions know all about your business.)

Since I know what's going to happen in Act 3, I flat out refused to flirt with Darmas (except for the one where he wants to play cards and she suggests they get to know each other better, simply because Corso makes an interjection and she replied that no one can replace him, and he totally loses his train of thought, so cute!)

She was going to have some "fun" with Lenn on Alderaan, but I'd gotten the convo with Corso where he wanted to court her RIGHT before that, so I would have felt bad and refused Lenn's offer. (and am now kicking myself, Lenn's adorable)

So to make up for it, she slept with Skavak, but didn't have Corso as the active companion (couldn't stand the -161 hit!) He hasn't said anything about it.

Now I'm headed for Balmorra and Numen Brock. I've put the brakes on playing with her and gone back to my Agent until I know that any fun sexytimes with Numen (and later on Lokir Ka on Voss) isn't going to totally ruin my Scoundrel's relationship with Corso.

Any insight would be would be appreciated. And if they're relationship breaking, well, she's going to have to settle for being a flirt instead of a ****. :p

greypilgrim
03.26.2012, 03:11 PM
Please make a Tshirt that says TEAM CORSO. I will totally buy it.

Macabakur
03.26.2012, 04:42 PM
Hah, i'm so down with corso too, I was actually coming to put a post up to see why everyone hated him so much. He's a chill guy, and he's funny. I don't get all the backlash..

Macabakur
03.26.2012, 04:44 PM
Please make a Tshirt that says TEAM CORSO. I will totally buy it.

Hah.. sign me up for an XL

AKIHA
03.27.2012, 03:11 AM
I noticed today that when he says "When we're back on board, Captain, I'd like a word with you" he has an adorable little stammer over the "I'd."

^.^

When i noticed that i have the same reaction, he is so cute *-*

trfriers
03.27.2012, 11:16 AM
I love Corso! He is truly some wonderful eye candy, love his personality too.

I keep upgrading the mods on Sparkles just because he gave it to me, lol. I also find myself just clicking on him just to hear him say "Anything you want, Captain." :)

silvershadows
03.27.2012, 11:33 AM
I love Corso! He is truly some wonderful eye candy, love his personality too.

I keep upgrading the mods on Sparkles just because he gave it to me, lol. I also find myself just clicking on him just to hear him say "Anything you want, Captain." :)

I prefer "You sure do have an interestin' idea of fun!"

If only he knew...

trfriers
03.27.2012, 12:47 PM
I prefer "You sure do have an interestin' idea of fun!"

If only he knew...

I love that one too, his southern accent is so sexy! :)

Tashia
03.27.2012, 01:03 PM
I love Corso --- don't know if it'll get to marriage or not -- I'm a light III now and lvl 39

I was going to refuse his "courting" offer - but he was so broken hearted, I changed my mind --- flirted with the yummy guy on Balmorra (and more ) but made sure he was not there (and it was before he made the courting offer) --- liked Darmas, but he's on my you - know - what list now -- never liked Shavek; he stole my ship for Pete's sake !!
and the guy on Voss -- no just no - he's married -- no --- lol

I've really tried to cool it with Corso -- I like him a lot -- but marriage ? I dunno ......

PS -- don't feel bad Corso, my bounty hunter was never into Torien -- so you did better

happysister
04.01.2012, 12:36 AM
I keep upgrading the mods on Sparkles just because he gave it to me, lol.

i couldn't make myself retire Flashy or Sparkles on my gunslinger. they were treasures given to me by my dearest farm boy, for pete's sake! >_< dual-wielded them both all the way to 50.

Dylancholy
04.01.2012, 01:14 PM
I like Corso. He's a simple farm boy with a heart of gold.
I don't get where all the hate comes from.

Fox_lupine
04.01.2012, 02:06 PM
I'm new to the smuggler class, just level 17, so corsos all i have at the moment, but Bioware will have a hard job replacing him for me!

Corso's hilarious. Theres never been a better drinking/shooting buddy in the galaxy

Although if he tried to kiss me on the bridge, we gotta problem

trfriers
04.02.2012, 09:52 AM
i couldn't make myself retire Flashy or Sparkles on my gunslinger. they were treasures given to me by my dearest farm boy, for pete's sake! >_< dual-wielded them both all the way to 50.

I know right! I'm level 32 and I still mod Sparkles, I don't think I will ever retire her either. I think it's just so adorable he gave it to me, I wish it had a description on it, something like "Given by Corso Riggs." That would be cool.

My affection with him is at 9200, I suposse I went overboard with the gifts. I would always get a little upset when my compaions came back with a gift he wouldn't like, such as imperial stuff lol. When they come back with a weapon or courting item I find myself talking to the computer saying "oh he'll like this." I rushed through the class quests just so he would talk to me again. Had to have my fix!

/sigh he is just so perfect =)

Bilirubin
04.02.2012, 11:06 AM
Corso totally gave me a brofist when I nailed that rich girl on Nar Shaddaa.

Game bugged at that point and I got +135 Corso affection TWICE for that :D

wleighton
04.02.2012, 11:09 AM
Corso is great, he's the only companion I use. Do want to get the affections up for the rest ad do their quests, Corso is just my go-to-man for combat. Love his lines. "Take that!" "Now you're dumb, ugly and dead!" Awesome stuff.

happysister
04.02.2012, 04:42 PM
My affection with him is at 9200, I suposse I went overboard with the gifts. I would always get a little upset when my compaions came back with a gift he wouldn't like, such as imperial stuff lol. When they come back with a weapon or courting item I find myself talking to the computer saying "oh he'll like this." I rushed through the class quests just so he would talk to me again. Had to have my fix!

i went crazy with gifts on my first smuggler too, lol. i prolly shouldn't have, though. he gave me a lvl 45 quest at level 37. you have no idea how difficult it was for me to go through the game without talking to him for so long. >_< it felt like he was giving me the silent treatment. not to mention my lamentations when Corso's questline ended 7 levels before i hit 50 caused a bit of concern with my guildies.

i rerolled a scoundrel and am forcing myself to take it slow, lol.

Hevra
04.03.2012, 06:39 AM
I got 'Gunfight in Gorinth Canyon' at level 33, which sucked. Cue a long slog to level 42 and I completed it a couple of nights ago.

I then unlocked a rush of conversations with Corso which concluded in marriage, I screenied this (and have it as my desktop background):

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8453/corsokiss.jpg

Since then I haven't logged my smuggler in at all - she's 8 levels off max, but I feel a bit sad, and like I don't want to play her any more because what I found most fun is now over. I know it's my own fault for rushing with gifts etc but I couldn't resist the soulful brown puppy dog eyes of my favourite farm boy :)

trfriers
04.03.2012, 10:06 AM
I got 'Gunfight in Gorinth Canyon' at level 33, which sucked. Cue a long slog to level 42 and I completed it a couple of nights ago.

I'm in the same boat right now. I'm lvl 32 and have that quest, I keep telling myself I need to slow it down with him but I got a purple gift last night I just had to give him lol. I barely was able to do the "In a pickle quest," I stealthed all the way to that cave, took a while but my country boy was happy. So now I'm slogging along as well, I guess him not talking to me gives me some motivation to get to work leveling, but still, it sucks. Although every once in a while he'll make a comment about the scenery in Alderaan, I guess we finally went to a "nice world" lol.

silvershadows
04.03.2012, 11:30 AM
I'm in the same boat right now. I'm lvl 32 and have that quest, I keep telling myself I need to slow it down with him but I got a purple gift last night I just had to give him lol. I barely was able to do the "In a pickle quest," I stealthed all the way to that cave, took a while but my country boy was happy. So now I'm slogging along as well, I guess him not talking to me gives me some motivation to get to work leveling, but still, it sucks. Although every once in a while he'll make a comment about the scenery in Alderaan, I guess we finally went to a "nice world" lol.

I did Gunfight at 40, but now my smuggler is retired, just after reaching valor rank 60.

Oh well. Guild decided to run away to aussie server, so that's what I get.

Now my Bounty Hunter is my main, but I've rolled several other smugglers just for more Corso - and I don't give him any gifts at all, EVER. It's so easy to get his affection up the gifts are just... not neccessary :p

happysister
04.03.2012, 11:35 AM
Since then I haven't logged my smuggler in at all - she's 8 levels off max, but I feel a bit sad, and like I don't want to play her any more because what I found most fun is now over. I know it's my own fault for rushing with gifts etc but I couldn't resist the soulful brown puppy dog eyes of my favourite farm boy :)

well, there is one more convo after marriage (the true final convo) if you didn't get that one already. plus he sends you 3 letters in the mail after that.

and if that doesn't satisfy you (why would it?) you could always reroll another smuggler and do it all over again. the latter of which i am guilty of, lol. i keep telling myself it's because i wanted to try out the other AC, but let's be honest...i needed more Corso.

silvershadows
04.03.2012, 11:40 AM
well, there is one more convo after marriage (the true final convo) if you didn't get that one already. plus he sends you 3 letters in the mail after that.

and if that doesn't satisfy you (why would it?) you could always reroll another smuggler and do it all over again. the latter of which i am guilty of, lol. i keep telling myself it's because i wanted to try out the other AC, but let's be honest...i needed more Corso.

If Corso and Torian were real, I'd totally be a polygamist.

trfriers
04.03.2012, 12:04 PM
I don't give him any gifts at all, EVER. It's so easy to get his affection up the gifts are just... not neccessary :p

You're totally right about that, he gives affection points quite often. I'm sure I will make a gunslinger after this character, and take it slow with no gift giving. Seems like the conversations will come a little more, naturally - well, as natural as a pixel can get lol :)

elliotcat
04.03.2012, 01:03 PM
A couple nights ago I did the one where you have to be drug mules. I was so wishing I would have gotten to say something snappy like "This is the worst first date ever."

I'm getting kinda frustrated that now we've had like 2 conversations where my character has been totally ready to date him and he does nothing about it. Probably because I'm such a terrible boss. :(

Hevra
04.03.2012, 01:27 PM

I was thinking about it, but the major problem I have with this game is that with the exception of the class and companion quests, it's just not that interesting - I really hate having to do the same quests on different characters. The thought of doing some of the planets again (*coughTariscough*) makes me feel ill.

I've had 2 letters from Corso, awaiting the third :)

silvershadows
04.03.2012, 02:47 PM
I was thinking about it, but the major problem I have with this game is that with the exception of the class and companion quests, it's just not that interesting - I really hate having to do the same quests on different characters. The thought of doing some of the planets again (*coughTariscough*) makes me feel ill.

I've had 2 letters from Corso, awaiting the third :)

Just do the class quests and the MAIN storyline for each planet, and use pvp/pvp dailies to augment your exp. That's what I do. Granted, I end up finishing the class quest around level 47, but whatever.

NRieh
04.04.2012, 01:38 AM
Now my Bounty Hunter is my main.....
Ah, so now we all know who's to blame for switching from harpoon into jetpack stuff, huh?..:D.

It's very unlikely to be canceled. But its title ("illegal jetpack") is the only positive about the change. It hell fits the context, really. My playstyle is totally ruined and I'm still unsure about resubbing for 1.2, but my inner RPer has no objections, as it (surprisingly) does not break the story.
Something like "You're dumb, ugly and...wa-a-ait, that thing over his back is still working? And makes you fly?Reeeeally?!":D

My problem is that I'm a heavy "monogamer", I rarely do alts, I tried BH\Pt just because I love vanguards mechanics (try to guess why, lol) and I wanted to change side and see new missions. But after my smuglady, which got me right from first screens (and I didn't even know Corso Riggs exists back then) I can't feel and enjoy BH at all. Not to say I just hate imps - so far most of cgaracters are either megalomaniacs or psychos (or both). And they build huge towers and statues in a swampy jungle and call it "capital"...Probably, I'lll turn back to rep side and make a trooper\vanguard if I decide to stay any longer. No romance(Sorry. Aric. NO.) or [flirt] options, I suppose, but at least I'll start on Mantell...nostalgia...

Hevra
04.04.2012, 04:36 AM
Just do the class quests and the MAIN storyline for each planet, and use pvp/pvp dailies to augment your exp. That's what I do. Granted, I end up finishing the class quest around level 47, but whatever.

Ugh, pvp - no thanks :) the one true constant of the universe is that I am a total spanner at pvp, I panic, press all the wrong buttons, and I hatehateHATE dying. In fact, I am such a liability at pvp in that other game, after my (inevitably early) death, I usually ended up doing laps around the spirit healer, :just: out of range for the rez, because I contributed more to the team by staying dead :(

Perhaps I could fill in the gaps with space missions or something...

silvershadows
04.04.2012, 10:34 AM
Ah, so now we all know who's to blame for switching from harpoon into jetpack stuff, huh?..:D.

It's very unlikely to be canceled. But its title ("illegal jetpack") is the only positive about the change. It hell fits the context, really. My playstyle is totally ruined and I'm still unsure about resubbing for 1.2, but my inner RPer has no objections, as it (surprisingly) does not break the story.
Something like "You're dumb, ugly and...wa-a-ait, that thing over his back is still working? And makes you fly?Reeeeally?!":D

My problem is that I'm a heavy "monogamer", I rarely do alts, I tried BH\Pt just because I love vanguards mechanics (try to guess why, lol) and I wanted to change side and see new missions. But after my smuglady, which got me right from first screens (and I didn't even know Corso Riggs exists back then) I can't feel and enjoy BH at all. Not to say I just hate imps - so far most of cgaracters are either megalomaniacs or psychos (or both). And they build huge towers and statues in a swampy jungle and call it "capital"...Probably, I'lll turn back to rep side and make a trooper\vanguard if I decide to stay any longer. No romance(Sorry. Aric. NO.) or [flirt] options, I suppose, but at least I'll start on Mantell...nostalgia...

Haha trust me I'm not any happier about losing the harpoon than you are. Tons of companions (akaavi, for one) already have a jetpack, Corso's harpoon made him unique and made him perfect for a scoundrel.

happysister
04.06.2012, 09:30 AM
My problem is that I'm a heavy "monogamer", I rarely do alts, I tried BH\Pt just because I love vanguards mechanics (try to guess why, lol) and I wanted to change side and see new missions.

the BH is actually the only Imp class i can stand to play. warriors and inquisitors....all they do is hulk smash everything and people act like the ship droids around them, groveling all the time. and the IA story pissed me off so badly right from the beginning. BHs...i like their story, at least what i've seen of it so far (which is only up to Balmorra, so i'm still a total BH noob). to me, they feel like the Imperial version of a smuggler even if their play style is completely different. they're freelance for the most part, and even though they get roped into doing the Empire's dirty work, their main quest has nothing to do with the war.

Ashu-ri
04.06.2012, 10:13 AM
A token of appreciation for a very under appreciated man with awesome hair.

Sorry, I had to customize him to get rid of the corn rows. Couldn't stand them, and since he's my romance, I wanted to be able to look at him all I want.

Ashu-ri
04.06.2012, 01:31 PM
bowdaar and corso get the exact same abilities. the only difference is bowdaar gets a charge, corso a harpoon. corso uses aim gear - basically trooper vanguard. the wookie uses strength gear which and oddly enough strength based shield generators

because of the strength thig, it's actually easier to gear up bowdaar as everyone and their mother is a freaking jedi knight and i'm on my 4th char over 30 with two over 40 and i swear to you right now - 50% of all drops i see in the game are medium and heavy strength armor.

from a pure min/max perspective corso has an edge due to harpoon allowing you to pull that single patrol away from a pack and to pull mobs in to you so you have to move less - provided you control it manually. they are on equal footing in terms of mitigation if using the same level of gear and appropriate for them.

it's a matter of flavor, but i do say that everytime corso does a yeehaa i wish he had been voiced over by nathan fillion

But Corso's harpoon is being changed to a charge in 1.2 - so that means they are....exactly the same, except 1 is human, the other is not? I wish they wouldn't change Corso's harpoon, though. Since we stealth in, he's usually right by me, so all I have to do is turn to beat on the mob that is on him.

Ashu-ri
04.06.2012, 01:33 PM
It's actually meant for a jedi guardian, you can buy it for 12 nar shaddaa commendations. Just go run some side quests or kill tons of mobs till you get enough for it, then remove the str/endurance mods and replace with aim/endurance and boom, you got a fully moddable headband for Corso to use forever :D

Wow, thanks for this! I will keep it in mind.

SilentKitty
04.07.2012, 04:44 AM
I also use a modable headband for Corso, wish there was a way to keep headgear on your comps invisible because my poor lover boy looks like he's part in an 80's music video with it. Lol, as cute as ever but, it just looks a little odd.

It's actually one of the reasons I have a difficult time with my trooper, Corso is cute with the headband, Aric on the other hand.... But I like to see the face of my comps. Oh well.

greypilgrim
04.07.2012, 06:06 AM
Hahaha... I think that headband on Nar Shaddaa is probably the most-purchased item on the planet ;D

You know, it MIGHT be fun to write a fic where Corso has just gotten the jetpack (probably salvaged) and he's sitting on the ship trying to figure out how to make everything work and kind of realizing that he can't carry the harpoon if he's wearing the jetpack and he can only have ONE of them.

Aleyth
04.09.2012, 10:12 AM
A token of appreciation for a very under appreciated man with awesome hair.

I totally agree, which is why I hated the companion mod they give you. if you chosse to use it he just looks generic. and that's not Corso Riggs.

happysister
04.09.2012, 11:52 AM
I totally agree, which is why I hated the companion mod they give you. if you chosse to use it he just looks generic. and that's not Corso Riggs.

this. not to mention, it just feels weird to change a companion's look after you've been introduced to, and spent a bit of time with them in their default look.

Malles
04.10.2012, 04:15 PM
Corso Riggs is a simple country boy with a love of combat and weapons and a non-negotiable respect for females.

He is, in essence, everything a Southern gentleman such as myself was raised to be. Well done, Corso. Well done, sir.

bigray
04.10.2012, 09:44 PM
Corso is awesome. Reminds me of Tripp from Enterprise. He's got the best lines and is a dude I would want to hang out with at parties if he was real … LOL

The thing is … we get a wookiee on Nar Shadaa… a WOOKIEE, people … smugglers & wookiees, peanut butter & jelly … the sun and the moon … starsky & hutch … this is How It Should Be

If you're a smuggler how can you not want to walk around with a gigantic wookiee at your back?

Today I found myself wishing I could take Corso and Bowdaar out at the same time. Oh the stories we would have...!

Foxfirerose
04.10.2012, 10:31 PM
I love Corso too, with all my little pixelated heart. I married him tonight:) But it makes me so sad to think there will be only one more "conversation" with him. I have started alts of every other profession there is, and have read about and saw vids of the other romanceable companions on YouTube, but.....I am afraid none of them will be as special as Corso. I guess we'll see:) On the other hand....I think I may have to play another Smuggler too, just to have my Corso fix once in a while ;-) C'mon, Bioware, write in some more companion stories, pleeeeeeeeeeaaase!

NRieh
04.11.2012, 01:03 AM
Today I found myself wishing I could take Corso and Bowdaar out at the same time. Oh the stories we would have...!
That's not ME, you know 8P Though, I agree that they all COULD talk to each other (and with me, yes) at our ships. Not just random card play or chasing each other in some class cut scene...But...that's not ME, yes.

I imagine that most interesting lines could be between Corso and Risha. Especially if female romance acr is active. I really feel he's "not her kind of guy" (to put it mildly), and both he and his affection to capitan could really be a subject of some evil jokes .

Ralev
04.11.2012, 01:10 AM

I loved the follow up to "In a Pickle"...Where Corso asks you if you'd ever resort to cannibalism. My answer was if we did, I have dibs on Risha. Corso then replies "Captain that's awful...You'll share right?"

Stenrik
04.11.2012, 02:27 AM
I loved the follow up to "In a Pickle"...Where Corso asks you if you'd ever resort to cannibalism. My answer was if we did, I have dibs on Risha. Corso then replies "Captain that's awful...You'll share right?"

Not Risha, Gus. Which is funny cuz he's a fish... kinda. :D
Edit: Interesting, I got that line after getting Gus, guess they had to make it different for those who didn't have him yet.

NRieh
04.11.2012, 03:48 AM
Oh yes, Corso's a kind boy... :D And his sence of humour seems to be ok also.
Edit: Interesting, I got that line after getting Gus
If I remember things right - I did it much before Hoth. It was yellow-orange difficulty for me then and outleveled me. And by no means I could have Guss in crew at that time. But I picked other lines, so I did not have this one....Whch indicates ONCE AGAIN that they should've tied companions quests to exact levels and\or parts of plot, not just chapters.

It's same sith as having "no walking away" and "gunfight..." before even starting Balmorra and being 30something (32 or 33 for me, afair).

(about gunfight)
Btw, I consider "gunfight" one of the most vivid and hard missionis. Not for fight, but for plot itself. Probably, the most tragic part through all the story. Really upset me, and what is bad thing - you can't change things there. Fight and killing is unavoidable....or not?

happysister
04.11.2012, 12:57 PM
(about gunfight)
Btw, I consider "gunfight" one of the most vivid and hard missionis. Not for fight, but for plot itself. Probably, the most tragic part through all the story. Really upset me, and what is bad thing - you can't change things there. Fight and killing is unavoidable....or not?

oh gosh, i hated that mission. >_< i felt HORRIBLE after what we did. i was so upset, i didn't even feel like talking to Corso for the followup convo. and no, i don't think the fight is avoidable. and i can kinda understand why. i mean they were dressed as imperials and came at us with their guns raised, like most imperials do. they didn't know who we were, and we didn't know who they were.

Ralev
04.11.2012, 04:19 PM
Not Risha, Gus. Which is funny cuz he's a fish... kinda. :D
Edit: Interesting, I got that line after getting Gus, guess they had to make it different for those who didn't have him yet.

So, it's really supposed to be Gus? (I didn't have him at that point) I figured it was because Risha has plenty of meat on her bones. Either way, it's still funny and shows Corso has a good sense of humor. Best drinking buddy companion imo.

Vakster
04.11.2012, 06:13 PM
Either way, it's still funny and shows Corso has a good sense of humor. Best drinking buddy companion imo.

Hey, if Flechette goes drinking, she's taking Bowdaar. After a few drinks, she's going to be itching for some moron to hit on her so she has an excuse to punch him in the (face) and start a fight to liven things up. And when the barstools start flying, ya gotta bring the Wookiee.

Corso, in comparison, is bridge deck office furniture who can craft her mods any time (literally - get yer mind out of the gutter), but that's about it. Risha is too snippy and self-absorbed to be truly fun with a drink in her hand. Akaavi is dangerous enough sober. And I get the impression Guss would keel over from the fumes off his first drink. Bowdaar = The Drinking Buddy. Accept no substitutes.

Ralev
04.12.2012, 01:08 AM
Hey, if Flechette goes drinking, she's taking Bowdaar. After a few drinks, she's going to be itching for some moron to hit on her so she has an excuse to punch him in the (face) and start a fight to liven things up. And when the barstools start flying, ya gotta bring the Wookiee.

Corso, in comparison, is bridge deck office furniture who can craft her mods any time (literally - get yer mind out of the gutter), but that's about it. Risha is too snippy and self-absorbed to be truly fun with a drink in her hand. Akaavi is dangerous enough sober. And I get the impression Guss would keel over from the fumes off his first drink. Bowdaar = The Drinking Buddy. Accept no substitutes.

I disagree. Bowdaar may be better for a barfight, but a good drinking buddy cuts up with you and acts as your wing man while you hit on chicks (or dudes if you're a female). You know if Bowdaar actually had a few drinks he'd just start whining about his slavery issues again, and what a drag that would be.

KimbriOnasi
04.12.2012, 06:34 AM
Trying to work my way through the thread. But I just love Corso (esp with Mod #2--dark hair and blue eyes have always been my weakness).
He's sweet, and charming, naive and yet has been around too. He's just a great companion and LI--even if I haven't finished his storyline yet. :)
Funny, I've found myself comparing all other LI's in TOR against him. Vector measures up. He is more serious but still very sweet and supportive and is who my healing operative sends out to do the fighting for her. Doc is fun to flirt with and then turn down :p but is so darned self-involved he's frustrating. And Airc, I've almost in chapter 3 and still haven't really gotten into the romance with him. Ugh.

No. I'll take my farm boy. I have two scoundrels that I play with friends. But I'm thinking of making one just for solo play since story progression gets slow in a group.

I also figured I'd share a photo. I had forgotten that I had stripped Corso while making mods to his armor. After I sent him out to do some work, I went to talk to Risha and found this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Jade-Walker/Screenshot_2012-02-11_15_59_56_772157.jpg

happysister
04.12.2012, 05:57 PM
I also figured I'd share a photo. I had forgotten that I had stripped Corso while making mods to his armor. After I sent him out to do some work, I went to talk to Risha and found this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Jade-Walker/Screenshot_2012-02-11_15_59_56_772157.jpg

/inb4 swoon fest

i bet you forgot all about Risha after that, lol.

Eutoxis
04.13.2012, 06:27 AM
I disagree. Bowdaar may be better for a barfight, but a good drinking buddy cuts up with you and acts as your wing man while you hit on chicks (or dudes if you're a female). You know if Bowdaar actually had a few drinks he'd just start whining about his slavery issues again, and what a drag that would be.

It would beat being out in a muddy field tipping nerfs, which is where Corso would be once you get him his second beer...

(search your feelings, you KNOW it to be true... )

KimbriOnasi
04.13.2012, 07:18 PM
/inb4 swoon fest

Risha who? :p
Corso just looks lovely like that. You know, we really need invisible armor or a loincloth or something. Perhaps a Chip-n-Dale's modable outfit? I mean, there's the slave Leia costume for the female characters. :rolleyes:

SilentKitty
04.14.2012, 05:24 AM
Risha who? :p
Corso just looks lovely like that. You know, we really need invisible armor or a loincloth or something. Perhaps a Chip-n-Dale's modable outfit? I mean, there's the slave Leia costume for the female characters. :rolleyes:

Ohhh!! I like the way you think ;)

Would only use it on the ship though... wouldn't want to be mean to the guy.

greypilgrim
04.14.2012, 10:02 AM
I've heard people complain about getting docked affection points for flirting with NPCs, or for NOT flirting with Corso, and just this morning it occurred to me that IIRC, Mako did the same thing with my male BH. I really don't get it; a -1 is NOT that big a deal on the scale of 1 to 1000. And if his "chivalry" is sexist, and his crush on the fsmug a little cloying, guess what? Interesting characters have flaws. Some of them tend toward annoying, others are more dull (yes, Aric, I mean you).

Play a different class. Or dismiss the companion. Play with a group instead of soloing. Or spacebar through the companion dialogue and just click the option that gets you the most points. In any decent RPG, you'll sometimes be forced to choose between the story that feels right for your character and the option that gets you the best point-results.

I mean, c'mon, if everything went exactly the way we wanted it to in game, it'd be boring.

KimbriOnasi
04.14.2012, 05:11 PM
I agree. Its only a -1, and on a character where I get points easily in conversations. Its worth the -1 to see the funny jealous reaction and then give him reassurrance. Besides, my smuggler is Doc's kid in my Legacy. It's in her genes to flirt. :p

Vakster
04.15.2012, 10:20 PM
Its only a -1, and on a character where I get points easily in conversations. Its worth the -1 to see the funny jealous reaction...It's in her genes to flirt. :p

Oh, Flechette certainly flirts, and then some. On Coruscant, I enjoyed the bits with Darmas, who I thought was definitely her kind of guy in a Sean Connery kind of way.

Until the final act came along at any rate - I did NOT see that one coming.

...but Corso's hints that he really wants to settle down and raise a farmload of munchkins isn't really her thing. So, she gets a lot of -1s if you follow me. Besides,

It would beat being out in a muddy field tipping nerfs, which is where Corso would be once you get him his second beer...

(search your feelings, you KNOW it to be true... )

This.

sabreene
04.16.2012, 06:40 AM
/inb4 swoon fest

Yummy.

I'm doing this next time. It gets hot in that room, working so hard... it's only fair to let him take his shirt off. I'd be doing the guy a favor. And Risha too. Oh, she'd complain -- all while watching out of the corner of her eye.

greypilgrim
04.17.2012, 03:21 PM
Did we break the forum? ;)

silvershadows
04.18.2012, 12:03 AM
It's entirely possible.

NRieh
04.18.2012, 09:01 AM
Ohkeeeeeey. I got it. Jetpack is not the worst thing happened while I had nice time on my femShep..

http://i.imgur.com/MhndL.jpg

Found this link occasionally as was browsing new "event"-related stuff...Well, I supose my client is still in 1.1 for a good reason...They call it "reward", you know...

happysister
04.19.2012, 11:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/MhndL.jpg

DEAR GOD! i almost fell out of my chair, that shocked me so.... o.o

trfriers
04.20.2012, 11:59 AM
Corso Riggs is a simple country boy with a love of combat and weapons and a non-negotiable respect for females.

He is, in essence, everything a Southern gentleman such as myself was raised to be. Well done, Corso. Well done, sir.

If you also have hair like Corso then we should talk :D

greypilgrim
04.20.2012, 06:05 PM
"Talk"? Is that the euphemism kids're using these days? :D

LilyRedpath
04.21.2012, 12:11 AM
You love Corso? Great for you! Any chance of you getting him off my ship? Cause I'd really appreciate it if you could lend a hand. That kid has been hanging around way too long, and he's starting to get on my nerves. I'll even pay ya if you like. We'll do lunch or something. Nar Shaddaa sound okay?

greypilgrim
04.21.2012, 09:37 AM
*rubs chin thoughtfully*

You know, that would be pretty awesome if I could get an extra Corso from everybody who doesn't want theirs.

One for combat.
One to tag along without the helmet so's the remarks don't sound all tin-canny.
One to tinker at the workbench.
One for bridge decoration.
One for patch-ups and maybe shoulder rubs in the medbay.
One to replace C2 along the hall of the freighter to greet me when I return.
One to make pancakes.

I'm sure there would be other uses. I could have quite the harem...

DarkLadyMara
04.21.2012, 09:45 AM
I'll also accept extra Corsos from anyone who doesn't appreciate his simple farmboy charm. :p

Eutoxis
04.21.2012, 09:52 AM
I'll also accept extra Corsos from anyone who doesn't appreciate his simple farmboy charm. :p

"Simple" is definitely the word.

Come get mine. And take that snotty little daddy's girl with him while you're at it.

happysister
04.21.2012, 10:44 AM

you say it like it's a bad thing.

trfriers
04.21.2012, 12:56 PM
"Talk"? Is that the euphemism kids're using these days? :D
LOL :)

Also, I'd be more then happy to take any unwanted Corsos. The more I can hear him say "Anything you want, Captain" the better!

Crezelle
04.21.2012, 06:41 PM
wow, starting smuggler from my agent's linneage... corso has a bigger worship thread than vector o.o

Crezelle
04.21.2012, 06:52 PM
*rubs chin thoughtfully*

You know, that would be pretty awesome if I could get an extra Corso from everybody who doesn't want theirs.

One for combat.
One to tag along without the helmet so's the remarks don't sound all tin-canny.
One to tinker at the workbench.
One for bridge decoration.
One for patch-ups and maybe shoulder rubs in the medbay.
One to replace C2 along the hall of the freighter to greet me when I return.
One to make pancakes.

I'm sure there would be other uses. I could have quite the harem...

i'm setting up man-trades in other romance threads :D
paying a premium for torians and vectors, myself :D
all jorgan's must come with a flea collar, rabies tag, and be shipped in spaceport-approved cat carriers. preferably a little jingly bell on the collar, with a name tag with something cute like " Muffins"

LilyRedpath
04.22.2012, 01:48 AM

Come get mine. And take that snotty little daddy's girl with him while you're at it.

Hey, uh, if you don't want your Risha, I'm happy to take her. Could always use another one of those around.

Twickers
04.22.2012, 01:53 AM

You can take mine, enough with wanting to make love to the republic corso, I kinda ya know smuggle things to pay the bills.

Crezelle
04.22.2012, 02:39 AM
You can take mine, enough with wanting to make love to the republic corso, I kinda ya know smuggle things to pay the bills.

just wait till my chiss smuggler introduces him to her agent parents ;)

" yah mom..long story short..i kinda got stranded on ord mantel...and.. a lot of things happened, oh hey i got a souvinir, want him to name your rifle for you?"

KimbriOnasi
04.22.2012, 06:55 AM
I've been reading this thread for a while and know someone asked this but didn't see an answer: If your smuggler sleeps with other NPC's, does it end the romance? I want my new character to have "daddy issues." But I don't want to lose Corso either. Any advice/insight?

greypilgrim
04.22.2012, 08:38 AM
Screw everyone you like! Just don't TELL Corso he's got no chance in his cutscenes with you. You'll get some -1s, but you should be just fine.

trfriers
04.22.2012, 10:33 AM
Screw everyone you like! Just don't TELL Corso he's got no chance in his cutscenes with you. You'll get some -1s, but you should be just fine.
I sure wish I would have known this, whats his face on Alderaan was pretty charming lol :)

Ranwulf
04.22.2012, 11:54 AM
He is the best "bro" any freighter captain could have.

Ran

Ellyria
04.22.2012, 02:56 PM

Eeeeeeexcellent. *clicks fingers together* I've been wanting to know that for about a month. Time for Illara to get some Numen Brock love. (sorry Corso!)

I sure wish I would have known this, whats his face on Alderaan was pretty charming lol :)

Lenn Teraan, yuuuuuuuum. *swoon* Illara didn't take him up on his offer because she JUST agreed to let Corso court her before Alderaan. And now she's kicking herself. :p If only he would have taken up her offer to come aboard her ship and see the galaxy. (in more ways than one, nudge nudge)

If we're taking extras, I'll take extra Torians, Vectors, Quinns, and Corsos. :D

Crezelle
04.22.2012, 03:44 PM
If we're taking extras, I'll take extra Torians, Vectors, Quinns, and Corsos. :D

vectors are MINE :D

i will make a little swarm of them to buzz around my ship <3
i bet they would talk all synchronised....
line them all up...hit companion dance.... awww yeeee

Ellyria
04.22.2012, 03:50 PM
vectors are MINE :D

i will make a little swarm of them to buzz around my ship <3
i bet they would talk all synchronised....
line them all up...hit companion dance.... awww yeeee

Awww, don't be so greedy! :p Can I come visit at least?

Crezelle
04.22.2012, 03:56 PM
Awww, don't be so greedy! :p Can I come visit at least?

of course! bring yours along to socialise too! my MANagerie will be a wonderful place <3
i already have weekend trades with another agent: i lend her mine so she gets 2 at once for a bit, and then vice versa :D
and and... i also have a nice collection of harvest moon husbands >:3
" I don't like the sound of this, captain"
" We were skeptical at first too, but now we are content~"

elliotcat
04.22.2012, 06:39 PM
Eeeeeeexcellent. *clicks fingers together* I've been wanting to know that for about a month. Time for Illara to get some Numen Brock love. (sorry Corso!)

Lenn Teraan, yuuuuuuuum. *swoon* Illara didn't take him up on his offer because she JUST agreed to let Corso court her before Alderaan. And now she's kicking herself. :p If only he would have taken up her offer to come aboard her ship and see the galaxy. (in more ways than one, nudge nudge)

I must be the only fem smuggler who has made it to 40 without sleeping with ANYBODY. Lenn was really...not her type at all. Too prissy for her. And Numen was cute, but by that time she had a boyfriend and she's not the type to cheat. Poor Ayang. She's frustrated.

I've been reading this thread for a while and know someone asked this but didn't see an answer: If your smuggler sleeps with other NPC's, does it end the romance? I want my new character to have "daddy issues." But I don't want to lose Corso either. Any advice/insight?

Take a different companion, like Risha, and I'm pretty sure he won't find out. Ayang has mommy issues, but luckily that just means yelling "I hate you mom!" while picking all the light side options.

Taalbert
04.22.2012, 10:13 PM
i'm setting up man-trades in other romance threads :D
paying a premium for torians and vectors, myself :D
all jorgan's must come with a flea collar, rabies tag, and be shipped in spaceport-approved cat carriers. preferably a little jingly bell on the collar, with a name tag with something cute like " Muffins"

lol...Muffins. I almost spat my drink out! :) Now I am going to have to start calling him muffins all the time! "Muffins...please blow that group of imperials to pieces for me...thanks, Muffins!" :D haha

Crezelle
04.22.2012, 11:30 PM
lol...Muffins. I almost spat my drink out! :) Now I am going to have to start calling him muffins all the time! "Muffins...please blow that group of imperials to pieces for me...thanks, Muffins!" :D haha

i'm just waiting to see a VERY grumpy looking jorgan in my agent's hangar, boxed in a cat carrier, a cute little collar on him with a bell, and some degrading kitten name like that on it.
the look on his face... probably would match the expression my cat would have when it was vet time ...pure...unbridled indignant anger <3

Ellyria
04.23.2012, 09:14 AM
I must be the only fem smuggler who has made it to 40 without sleeping with ANYBODY. Lenn was really...not her type at all. Too prissy for her. And Numen was cute, but by that time she had a boyfriend and she's not the type to cheat. Poor Ayang. She's frustrated.

No, you're not the only one. Mysterica, my first Smuggler (and character), was faithful to Corso and didn't flirt or sleep with anyone else. She also took all light side decisions except one or two. After I was finished I was like, "Man, that was cute and sweet, but actually pretty vanilla and boring", so I made a different Smuggler (Illara) on a different server (The Ebon Hawk), took the alignment gains off of the dialogue wheel, and make decisions based on Illara's traits I made. (One of which is being extremely flirty and loose. ;) )

greypilgrim
04.23.2012, 03:01 PM
It *does* rather piss me off that the fsmug only gets one FTB character (Hi Darmas!) before Corso asks her to be his girl. After that it feels kind of dishonorable to be going off with other guys if you said yes.

Bioware! FIX THIS PLEASE.

happysister
04.23.2012, 03:27 PM

mine didn't sleep around. Corso was enough for her.

didn't like Lenn either. he kinda...weirded me out. i mean, he wanted to be an adventurer, but hid behind a woman when challenged to a duel. kid wouldn't survive one day doing the things my smuggler did.

Crezelle
04.23.2012, 05:10 PM
It *does* rather piss me off that the fsmug only gets one FTB character (Hi Darmas!) before Corso asks her to be his girl. After that it feels kind of dishonorable to be going off with other guys if you said yes.

Bioware! FIX THIS PLEASE.

i know.... i guess corso knows to stake his claim asap rofl.

elliotcat
04.23.2012, 08:31 PM
i know.... i guess corso knows to stake his claim asap rofl.

The worst part is that even after you start dating it takes a looooong time before anything else happens, which is really annoying. Seriously dude, move a little faster.

Crezelle
04.23.2012, 09:23 PM
The worst part is that even after you start dating it takes a looooong time before anything else happens, which is really annoying. Seriously dude, move a little faster.

dude..he was drunk on my ship 10 seconds after i got it, and hitting on me o.o

Lawrichai
04.23.2012, 10:16 PM
^^ I noticed that too, and realized that some of the companion conversations are triggered after we get to a certain point in the class story. I guess they didn't figured some of us would boost his affection that much right from the start :rolleyes:

NRieh
04.24.2012, 12:40 AM
BW continues to bring more fun. Here's what I got today on my emali, I suppose all who have removed their subs and\or did not log for a long time got same one. But for those who didn't get it - here's a screen.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/bwcorso.jpg/

Nice idea, BW, but don't seem to work for me, sorry :cool:

And art is rather poor, to be honest. I mean when someone "eagerly awaits you return" they don't usually have such a look on a face. It's something between "indifference"(c) and "just show up and I'll kill you". And they don't point blasters at you also (one not like Torchy, is it?). And the outfit...well, it looks likie "native" one from mantel, but he changed it a long time ago, didn't he?..

But, hey, may be it's just they tortured him (that's why he's still somewhat pale and blue) and made wear that gear and take that blaster, and make a pose, took his picture, and now they'll keep him as a hostage untill I return?.. :eek:
Evil BW people...:wea_03:

ps: and there are many glitches around fingers grasping a blaster.

Crezelle
04.24.2012, 01:00 AM
BW continues to bring more fun. Here's what I got today on my emali, I suppose all who have removed their subs and\or did not log for a long time got same one. But for those who didn't get it - here's a screen.

And art is rather poor, to be honest. I mean when someone "eagerly awaits you return" they don't usually have such a look on a face. It's something between "indifference"(c) and "just show up and I'll kill you". And they don't point blasters at you also (one not like Torchy, is it?). And the outfit...well, it looks likie "native" one from mantel, but he changed it a long time ago, didn't he?..

But, hey, may be it's just they tortured him (that's why he's still somewhat pale and blue) and made wear that gear and take that blaster, and make a pose, took his picture, and now they'll keep him as a hostage untill I return?.. :eek:

lmao they actually do that?!
i can see it now for my operative from vector

" Agent, we miss you T.T "

course, if they used my bh, and had a big, sad-eyed blizz.... who could say no to a sad looking blizz?!

greypilgrim
04.24.2012, 04:45 AM
dude..he was drunk on my ship 10 seconds after i got it, and hitting on me o.o

Hitting on me, yes; but then having anything actually come of that? Ohhh, the waiting. Honestly, Corso, if I'd been a patient sort of girl I wouldn't be a spacer. :P

DAMMIT RIGGS!

KryloKillian
04.24.2012, 04:52 AM

I got that too, though I didn't look at the art long enough to be that critical of it. I was just all "Why? Is he really so bored he wants to be sent off to make more guns?"

Eutoxis
04.24.2012, 09:18 AM
Hey, uh, if you don't want your Risha, I'm happy to take her. Could always use another one of those around.

Definitely. I know I said the line "anything that gets you off my ship," to her in Act One, and meant it.

I bitterly resent BW's giving me such lines when they intend to stick me with her permanently.

WTB Kill Companion ability.

NAO.

ekimmak
04.28.2012, 11:22 PM
Dear Corso

I owe you an apology.

You've put up with so much for me. You never complain when I say "You go first", getting shot at by those underhanded types we always seem to fight. You don't mind when I'm a bit slow on the meds, because I always get you back up in time. You didn't complain when I modified your harpoon to explode (I still don't know how I pulled that one off, but it makes a great jet pack) . You do all this for me.

And yet, on Tatooine, you got peeved when I told the Sith where to go. I thought you were being unreasonably pro-republic then. Now, I realize that you weren't being unreasonable. Your family was killed by seperatists. It's only natural that you'd be aggressive to anything anti-republic, and the empire is pretty high on anti-republic. I may not agree, but I understand.

That's not to say you've never caused me any trouble over this. Saying that we should be taking the fight to imperials on Nar Shadaa is one thing. Saying it while standing next to three sith and an imperial officer is another.

But hey. What I owe you is an apology for getting in a snit over our argument where sith are concerned. And, so, I most humbly apologize from the bottom of my heart.

Tacha Lynn of the Silver Nova

Lawrichai
04.29.2012, 01:34 PM
I Love Corso Riggs (http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/120/7/c/swtor___corso_riggs_feat__flashy_and_sparkles_by_l awrichai-d4y33qh.jpg) too <3
=^.^=

You can see my other illustrations here (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=430345) :D

Lawrichai
04.29.2012, 05:59 PM
wow Ekimmak , your letter of apology to Corso is amazing <3

I did felt the same toward him when we went though that tough yet hilarious ordeal on Tatooine.

greypilgrim
04.29.2012, 06:39 PM
Oh, man, that is just GAWJEZ. *gapes*

happysister
04.30.2012, 02:18 PM
You didn't complain when I modified your harpoon to explode (I still don't know how I pulled that one off, but it makes a great jet pack)

i loled. XD

elliotcat
04.30.2012, 07:03 PM
Maybe someone can let me know, I had the proposal quest last night and I don't know if I actually married him or not..

After he says I can perform my own marriage on my ship I picked the 2nd option which is something like, "OK, done, let's do it now" and he was like, "You have no shame". I did say yes to the proposal so at least we're engaged, though if I didn't marry him I'm gonna be super pissed.

It was a cute scene anyhow.

Ellyria
05.01.2012, 08:29 AM
Maybe someone can let me know, I had the proposal quest last night and I don't know if I actually married him or not..

After he says I can perform my own marriage on my ship I picked the 2nd option which is something like, "OK, done, let's do it now" and he was like, "You have no shame". I did say yes to the proposal so at least we're engaged, though if I didn't marry him I'm gonna be super pissed.

It was a cute scene anyhow.

The first option has you go through Corso and FemSmuggler's vows. So I would assume you're actually married.

Some classes have short, on-ship wedding weddings (Torian/FemHunter), some get married off screen (Quinn/FemWarrior), and some are just engaged (Iresso/FemConsular). Corso/FemSmuggler is the first one.

Lawrichai
05.01.2012, 08:49 AM
It actually depends on your choices of conversations.

you can get married right away and say your vows
you can get engaged and save the ceremony for later
you can turn him down

You can watch most possible alternatives on FluffyNinjaLlama's youtube account ^^
They are all in a playlist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XSFZal19ZI&list=PLC02299D680BC09D4&index=49&feature=plpp_video).

I've listened to that playlist often while working on my illustration (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4119967#post4119967) of Corso Riggs ^^
Thank you, FluffyNinjaLlama, whoever you are ;)

trfriers
05.01.2012, 10:06 AM
Some classes have short, on-ship wedding weddings (Torian/FemHunter), some get married off screen (Quinn/FemWarrior), and some are just engaged (Iresso/FemConsular). Corso/FemSmuggler is the first one.

Thanks for explaining that, I havent married any of my romances yet so was wondering about that myself.

KareBarey
05.02.2012, 06:22 PM
Listen, anyone who wants a really romantic guy who isn't corny needs to make a consular and romance Felix Iresso. omg he is such a darling. Manly, protective, but sweet and funny. There are a lot of customization's for him so you can choose your preferences. I have a lvl 30 Smuggler and Corso can be funny when he's jealous, but Felix is MUCH more romantic than Corso. I have a trooper also, and Aric Jorgan is pretty much an army guy. I didn't enjoy his romance as much.

Just my two cents. From reading Iresso description, I thought he would be a dud. but i liked Felix so much I want to roll a Shadow now to romance him again!

elliotcat
05.02.2012, 08:27 PM
Listen, anyone who wants a really romantic guy who isn't corny needs to make a consular and romance Felix Iresso. omg he is such a darling. Manly, protective, but sweet and funny. There are a lot of customization's for him so you can choose your preferences. I have a lvl 30 Smuggler and Corso can be funny when he's jealous, but Felix is MUCH more romantic than Corso. I have a trooper also, and Aric Jorgan is pretty much an army guy. I didn't enjoy his romance as much.

Just my two cents. From reading Iresso description, I thought he would be a dud. but i liked Felix so much I want to roll a Shadow now to romance him again!

I made a Consular for the sole purpose of being my main's (fem smuggler is my main) mom on the legacy tree. Now I want to play her so I can see whether Ayang loves her stepdad or hates him.

Ellyria
05.02.2012, 09:09 PM

Iresso's was the first romance I finished. He's sweet, but I found him very boring. It doesn't help that 1) you get him so late and 2) FemConsular sounds pretty monotone and boring herself.

Corso's romance is just fine and dandy if you never flirt with anyone else. Being a hussy causes lots of drama. :D

SilentKitty
05.23.2012, 05:16 PM

This sounds great for me =) I always fall for the sweet stuff, lol

Currently playing a BH, but got my smuggler out for a little bit of crafting. Clicked Corso and he asks if we could speak on the ship. *melts*

Just got back to SWTOR after spending some time with my FemShep's. Forgot just how wonderful his voice is =)

happysister
05.24.2012, 09:41 AM
i just recently finished his questline again on my second smuggler. i'm starting to have withdrawals. >_<

SilentKitty
05.27.2012, 06:37 PM
i just recently finished his questline again on my second smuggler. i'm starting to have withdrawals. >_<

Awww....

Here you go =)

A Corso-pic to keep you happy! (http://s1118.photobucket.com/albums/k619/SilentKittyK/Aiena%20SWTOR/?action=view&current=swtor_2012_05_28_01_22_44_157.jpg)

And if you want to relive it vicariously for a bit. My little smuggler just started dating Corso this evening.

Complete and utter fluff pic (http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k619/SilentKittyK/Aiena%20SWTOR/swtor_2012_05_28_01_23_43_161.jpg)

Just hit Alderaan and got this cute convo right before it. Guessing it might be a little while before he talks to me again. Oh well, he's worth the wait. Plus, after dying 3 times before finally being done with Tatooine he had earned a good smootch, lol.

( wish we could post pics straight in the thread, but oh well =) )

KryloKillian
05.28.2012, 02:00 AM
Complete and utter fluff pic (http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k619/SilentKittyK/Aiena%20SWTOR/swtor_2012_05_28_01_23_43_161.jpg)

You look a lot like a smuggler I ran the Esseles with on my Counselor. Annnnd just done with tatooine judging by the other thread, so that's about right assuming you've been playing your smug more than I've been playing my counselor (been mostly doing WZ and dailies with my GS). . . .You're not on Dreshdae Cantina, are you?

SilentKitty
05.29.2012, 05:59 AM
You look a lot like a smuggler I ran the Esseles with on my Counselor. Annnnd just done with tatooine judging by the other thread, so that's about right assuming you've been playing your smug more than I've been playing my counselor (been mostly doing WZ and dailies with my GS). . . .You're not on Dreshdae Cantina, are you?

Whoah... I got a identical twin out there. Great! You can do sooo many interesting scams with that =)

Nope, that's not my server. But your friend on that other server has got good taste.

Ellyria
06.20.2012, 06:34 AM
Hey hey! Corso's writer, Jennifer Hepler, posted some info about Corso over on the BioWare Social Network that I thought Corso fans might be interested in. :)

Jennifer Brandes Hepler wrote...

For what it's worth, Corso Riggs was originally designed as the "little brother" character for the Male Smuggler. He was so very clearly the beta male that it was very difficult for me to make him into a credible romance for as strong a woman as the female smuggler. After several failed attempts, the over-the-top romantic was the only real way to make him work as both a in-the-player's-shadow sidekick for the male player and a non-contemptible romance for the female. The romance was definitely written well after all of his non-romance plot dialogue, and after all the planentary romances as well. We write a lot of characters at Bioware; trying not repeat the same ones from game to game will always mean that different ones will work better for different people, and sometimes different games will work better for different people as a result.

Source (http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/306/index/12629874#12647014)

ejadavidson
06.20.2012, 09:21 AM
I wasn't sure about Corso at first, but now I think he's utterly adorable. How can you not like a guy who always has your best interest at heart? He's so gallant in an old fashion way.

Still, I think my smuggler will end up breaking his heart but in the end I think she'll come around. ;)

elliotcat
06.20.2012, 10:42 AM
Hey hey! Corso's writer, Jennifer Hepler, posted some info about Corso over on the BioWare Social Network that I thought Corso fans might be interested in. :)

Source (http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/306/index/12629874#12647014)

This is funny as hell to me, idk why.

I definitely thought Guss was more of the "little brother" type...Corso's more like a bro if you're a dude. And if you're a girl he's the starry-eyed boyfriend.

OH, and because people keep bringing up the part on Balmorra where he gets all jealous and says you're allergic to candles, fyi he says it even if you never flirt with the dude. I thought that was kind of funny; my girl was like "omg help me I hate this guy"; and that's what he came up with to rescue her.

ejadavidson
06.22.2012, 11:12 AM
At this point in the story, my smuggler has totally decided that Corso is her boy toy. Young. Strong. Um... lots of endurance. She knows a good thing when she's got it.

gLaih
07.04.2012, 05:47 PM
Corso may be good looking but the Bowdaar is bigger.

the thing here is loving corso not bowdaar... lol.... :)

i love bowdaar too but at some reason, i love corso much more.... how i wish i could have him at my companion too in real life :p ;) :)

Kaisernick
07.05.2012, 06:08 PM
i love corso but its so hard to choose between him and bowd i like talking to both.

thougth corso is my man and i like to hit the flirt options at least once to drive him a little mad my smugg is such a tease but in the end hes all she wants :D

lornalove
07.25.2012, 05:00 PM
This thread seems like a good place to ask this.
I just did the marriage scene with Corso, and I chose the first option when it was time for my vows.

(spoiler contains the vows)

I chose the one that was something like "Ooh, my turn", and my character said this out loud:

I swear to drive you crazy with jealousy, risk your life regularly, make fun of you in public and ensure you never have a boring day again.

I thought it was funny, but I wanted to see what the other vows would be and forgot to press escape. Out of curiosity, anyone know?

SilentKitty
07.28.2012, 12:57 PM
This thread seems like a good place to ask this.
I just did the marriage scene with Corso, and I chose the first option when it was time for my vows.

(spoiler contains the vows)

I chose the one that was something like "Ooh, my turn", and my character said this out loud:

I swear to drive you crazy with jealousy, risk your life regularly, make fun of you in public and ensure you never have a boring day again.

I thought it was funny, but I wanted to see what the other vows would be and forgot to press escape. Out of curiosity, anyone know?

I'm carefully not reading what's in your spoiler-bit because I haven't gotten to that convo yet. I guess that google is your best option, good luck. Had a really sweet convo with Corso today, boy is that guy romantic =) *swoon*

Maevalyn
09.10.2012, 07:26 AM
Just read trough this tread and have to state that I love Corso too. <3
I began a smuggler because of the obvious *hint to Han* Reason and found it most fun to play and grew so much to that Farmboy *sigh* (Also love Torian and Vector)

For the Vows I tried them all but before switching to english. So I have to translate free if thats OK ;) My second smuggler (more Corso time *sigh) just got off Ord Mantell. :D

One is not even a vow. She just said "Finished, lets get to the fun part......" and he replies I am ashamed of nothing ;))
The One I finally took was the "traditional" one. Hell I sat in front of my Computer and had a tear of joy in my eyes when that happend *sighs*
I also want more convos *making petition* ;))

vdeity
09.10.2012, 04:34 PM

Gassygunslinger
09.10.2012, 08:13 PM
You Smugs are all so easy.

Mine told Corso there was no chance she was going to get married without a 10,000 credit dress and a good caterer.

Only 10k? You know how many hundreds of thousands of credits he's lost due to mission failures?

If I were a chick, I'd tell'em to pay me back starters. Rocket Boots aren't cheap.

happysister
09.10.2012, 08:30 PM
The One I finally took was the "traditional" one. Hell I sat in front of my Computer and had a tear of joy in my eyes when that happend *sighs*
i picked the traditional one too, mostly because i was thinking, "alright, i'll be serious for once." what my smug said in her vows actually got an "awwww" out of me.

Maevalyn
09.25.2012, 03:27 AM
I laughed out loud when I heard my Smugglers "honest" vow. That would have been more fitting I guess, cause shes all flirty just do make him jealous. Heavens hes cute when he is jealous. :rolleyes:
When I switched from german gamelanguage to english a while ago I needed to roll another smuggler just to her him saying all the cute things again in english :D
Troy Hall did a marvelous job there :cool: His accent is southern I guess. Just love it :D

wheresuluis
10.03.2012, 08:55 AM
And another girl player joins to say that she loves Corso :D

The smuggler story line is full with funny moments and often i find myself laughing alone in front of the screen!

YoshiRaphElan
10.03.2012, 11:06 AM
Just curious - my brother is playing a FemSmug and he got the drunken Corso conversation, and he told Corso to sleep it off, not realizing what that meant (I don't think he does still). Does this ruin the romance for him? I don't think he cares much (he is, after all a GIRL - Guy In Real Life, LOL) but he wanted to romance Corso for the story's sake. Is he sunk? :confused:

wheresuluis
10.03.2012, 04:33 PM
Just curious - my brother is playing a FemSmug and he got the drunken Corso conversation, and he told Corso to sleep it off, not realizing what that meant (I don't think he does still). Does this ruin the romance for him? I don't think he cares much (he is, after all a GIRL - Guy In Real Life, LOL) but he wanted to romance Corso for the story's sake. Is he sunk? :confused:

not at all :) i would love to play a jedi male for romance Kira or nadia but i love to much creating girls lol, My boyfriend says that it's like being in your girl's mind and trying to understand her lol Your brother is just fine :) he's curious.

macumba
10.08.2012, 04:27 AM
now that this is out in the open I finally have the courage to tell everyone how much in love I am with Guss Tuno!

happysister
10.10.2012, 09:59 PM
i've made it a personal goal to gear up Corso in full BH after i finish my slinger's own set so that i'm properly ready for adventuring with him on the new planet whenever it comes out. the force knows how much i miss questing with him and hearing his voice in convos. >_<

Shadojack
10.16.2012, 07:25 PM
I love Corso. He's the bromance I never had.

Love his excuse to leave me alone with the smuggler on Taris.

"Uh, I'll go count the Rakghouls".

SilentKitty
11.06.2012, 05:37 AM
I love Corso. He's the bromance I never had.

Love his excuse to leave me alone with the smuggler on Taris.

"Uh, I'll go count the Rakghouls".

lol :D that sounds like Corso, such a great pal!

i've made it a personal goal to gear up Corso in full BH after i finish my slinger's own set so that i'm properly ready for adventuring with him on the new planet whenever it comes out. the force knows how much i miss questing with him and hearing his voice in convos. >_<

I envy you, will only be able to get him in Columi I think. Want both him and Aakavi to be well geared before the next planet hits, they are my questing-people.

Hope that Corso will have plenty to say in convos and such things!

Lord_Karsk
11.06.2012, 06:41 AM
Corso is alot of fun yes, very lojal.Great companion.

Stenrik
11.06.2012, 06:48 AM
Just wondering - is this the longest thread about one companion?
Like or hate him, that's some form of "win" for Corso. haha

WoolyCaterpillar
11.20.2012, 06:19 PM
Just wondering - is this the longest thread about one companion?
Like or hate him, that's some form of "win" for Corso. haha

Hell yeah it is! Corso's the best! And this threat certainly indicates immense love for him! :cool:

SamadhiFett
02.02.2013, 11:48 PM
What a great thread! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who developed a crush on a pixelated character, lol.

I just got the quest "No Walking Away" last night and I've clicked through a couple times to see the options, but always escaped out before it ended. I love the honesty of this option: Don't love me. And I especially love what he says in response. <3 But if I choose it, will I still get the option later on to marry him, or will it kill our romance entirely?

jasoncollins
02.03.2013, 12:31 AM
i made a sith smuggler just so i can punch corso he is such a freaking farm boy
i really do not understand what he thinks smuggler is suppose to do or be
i find him to be more annoying than the ship droid and that is pretty bad

happysister
02.04.2013, 12:28 PM
But if I choose it, will I still get the option later on to marry him, or will it kill our romance entirely?
no idea. the thought never crossed my mind to pick that option, lol. XD

hunterraaze
02.04.2013, 01:26 PM
I can't tell who I hate more, him or Mako. Those two are the worst comps in the entire game, quite possibly the worst NPC's in the game. I hate them both and have made it my personal mission to get -10000 affection with them.