Community Round-Up: October 4th, 2012
Hello and welcome!
It’s time for the weekly Community Round-Up. Each week, we scour the forums, fan sites, and reddit, finding some of the most interesting discussions in the community as well as player-created events happening on certain servers in The Old Republic™.
If you have nominations for next week’s Round-Up, please post them in this thread. Please remember the Community Round-Up blog is meant to highlight interesting, productive discussions and server events - not the most talked about forum threads.
Let’s get started!
Get to know the community on your server by participating in player-created events. Below are some occurring this week! We have updated our Server Forums so be sure to check out the Server Forums to find other events happening on your individual server.
- [The Begeren Colony] +10 Datarcron run(Rep) Friday Oct 5th 6pm(server time): “Setting up a +10 datacron run for Republic Fleet. I plan on starting at 5pm and i hope to have a chain setup by 6pm. So bring your alts/mains anyone that needs it and be ready. Watch the video to obtain the Red Crystal from Correlia first, you must have this prior to starting the run.”
- [The Begeren Colony] Begeren Colony Event Suggestion Thread: “I want more ranked WZ and to have people keep coming back, I think we can do different types of Ranked WZ nights and events plus maybe some World pvp stuff. But not everyone pvps there also RP and PVE players to get involved. So I would like people to post any Event ideas they may have whether they be PVP, RP, or PVE.”
- [The Begeren Colony] Thursday Night Ranked Warzone! Join!: “Suggested time frame is from 8pm to 10pm CENTRAL. So update your agenda: Thursday, 8-10pm central - Ranked Warzones.”
- [Gav Daragon] Community Event - 7th October 2012, 5pm est: “Register by adding your in-game name as a comment to your factions contract/rules by 6th October 2012”
- [Jedi Covenant] October Dueling Event hosted by Republic Reform: “Date: 10/07/2012. Time: signups start at 2pm est, first fight 3pm est. Location: Coruscant. Requirements: be lvl 10-19”
- [Jung Ma] Alpha Company RP-Patrol Schedule: In order to encourage free-form RP (both cross faction and same faction) we are beginning to do an RP Patrol Mon-Thurs every week at the following times and locations. I will update the list as it changes. Monday: Tatooine 8:00PM EST. Tuesday: Hoth 8:00PM EST. Wednesday: Alderaan 8:00PM EST. Thursday: Belsavis 8:00PM EST.”
- [Jung Ma] Ranked Warzone Nights -- MON/WED @ 8PM-12AM EST: “I am calling for all guilds to queue for ranked warzones every Monday and Wednesday evening from 8PM EST to 12AM EST!”
- [Jung Ma] Weekly Event: The Jundland Swoop Race!: “Dates: Tuesday night, weekly. Time: 9pm EST. Organizer: Joro, Republic Trooper.”
- [The Ebon Hawk] Ranked PVP, Mon. and Wed 8pm EST!: “Just restarting our ranked PVP night thread.”
- [The Ebon Hawk] Open World PVP Saturday: “I would Like to Get The PVP community together on both factions to join up in one huge Ops Group, I would Like this to take Place In Outlaws Den, at 8 p.m Est Time, If Any Imp Players that would take Responsibility on getting your group put together please post hear and have imp pvper message you for a inv. Pub side players if you have any interest in Open World pvp in out Laws Den Please Message Reckoner Saturday around 7:45 P.M Est any other questions please ask on this forum post.”
- [The Red Eclipse] Spark Of Insanity World PvP Event (18/10/2012): “Starting Thursday 18th October Spark of Insanity will once again be running world pvp on this servers, any of you that know us from Nightmare Lands will be aware we ran World PvP on our server.”
- What do you want to see in Act 4? Ideas for continuing our characters stories (OBVIOUS SPOILERS): The reddit community members discuss what they would like to see for each of the class stories in Act 4.
- HM The Terror From Beyond Guide/Kill vid (rdps PoV): Pitzzin posted this great guide on how to tackle the final boss in our new operation, Terror from Beyond.
- New Pet! Dropped from last boss in HM TFB: Pet collector? Check out this image our new pet from the Terror from Beyond.
- New To Space Combat : Any Tips?: The reddit community gives some tips for players new to space combat.
Hidden Chest in TFB: MKshift shows you were some of the hidden chests in the Terror from Beyond are located.
- MKshift: “We had a blast in story mode last night and found a little secret. Didn't see any information about it by searching google so I thought it would be nice to spread the word. Let me know if you guys are still having trouble finding it!”
- Oggthebase: “thanks for sharing!”
Whos the bad guys?: Community members debate who’s “the bad guys” in The Old Republic – the Empire or the Galactic Republic? Some of your answers included:
- Khevar: “When you find out about the Belsavis experiments on the Republic side, it's all "That's horrifying" and the senator is like ‘Don't tell anyone.’ When you find out about that on the Imperial side, it's all ‘Why didn't we think of that first’ and ‘Wow, I didn't think the Republic had it in them’ and ‘Let's take over the program now that it's shut down.’ Every bit of corruption and evil in the Republic is matched and far exceeded by the Sith. Defending the Sith Empire is like glamorizing the Middle Ages. Sure, if you were a Lord it was a sweet setup. As one of the many peasants, it was horrible.”
- Errant_knight: “The Sith code doesn't have to be interpreted as it it and the emotions that power them don't have to be destructive. That being said, even my sith think that much of what the empire does is evil, and while they don't know everything the knights do, think that the galaxy might be better off without the emperor. Still, there's good and bad on both sides. The republic commits atrocities, they just feel bad about it. Crime is rampant, society is fragmented, and it's rife with internal rebellions which kill thousands, or so it seems. The empire is virtually free of those things (except atrocities), but at the cost of freedom. While many in the empire seem irredeemably bad, the republic seem like hypocrites,and the jedi try to live up to a standard that's doomed to failure since it goes so utterly against human nature. It seems to me that there must be some middle ground between the two that's both more right and more honest.”
Rank the stories 1-8: Origin poster, kyrieIrving, asks the community to rank the class stories. Some of your answers included:
- Qarran: “lol. Well you are going to get a bunch of different rankings I think. This is a story only ranking. Game play is quite different between classes as you know and could impact your leveling experience.
1. Imperial Agent. Hands down the best overall IMO. And if you like spy stories, there is no question about it.
2. Jedi Knight. The classic SW story complete with a dual of fates and a love story. lol
3. Sith Inquisitor. Loved this story, especially as a light side character. I particularly enjoyed the end of Chapter 1.
4. Trooper. Interesting story that left me frustrated but in a good way. Life and death decisions, stupid politicians etc.
5. Jedi Sage. Started slow but really picked up after Chapter 1. You are truly a Consular.
6. Sith Warrior. Interesting exploration of Sith politics. The companions are great story wise as well.
7. Smuggler. Funny as hell! Great one liners. But to be honest, the story fell apart toward the end. Good, not great.
8. Bounty Hunter: Good fun and funny in parts. Didn't enjoy the journey however. Mako almost made up for it though.”
- Spitoc: “IMO- BH, Trooper, JK, JC, Smug... In the process of finishing up SW, Agent, and SI.”
Thank you for all of the fun and interesting discussions this week! There are many other great conversations happening in the forums that are not on this list so be sure to look around. Please don’t forget to nominate your favorite threads and events for next week’s Round-Up by posting here!